Our West Coast Adventure 2023

What a great trip so far!

1 Like

Day 4 Our Final Day

As weā€™d already done practically every ride in both parks, I allowed my weary family to rest this morning. I got, yet another, Panera for breakfast but this time we had the luxury of eating it whilst sitting in our rooms. Note for anyone thinking of staying near here. Pastries were all sold out when I got there at 10am so we had to settle for bagels instead. Fully fed and rested, we had a look at wait times. It was already building so we went to DCA first. Plan was to leave the parks for lunch today ( youngest teens turn to pick so we ended up in IHOP) but not have pool time as we started later, then return to DL for rides and the main event of the day, the fireworks. Iā€™d also told them that I was intending to stay until close but I was happy to do this on my own if they wanted to head back after the fireworks.

I have no recall of which order we did what in this day as we donā€™t have many photos but I know we agreed to no ā€˜kidsā€™ rides but more time just enjoying the atmosphere. Genie plus was a massive help as it was busy. I know we did Soarin, Webslingers and GotG again plus Incredicoaster three times during the morning.
We left for lunch and chilled a bit in the air con in IHOP then returned to the DL. for the late afternoon/evening. Again, Iā€™d nabbed another MEP (thank you Goofy) and Iā€™d spend my time in IHOP reading up as to how to use this as a Golden Ticket. I still messed up and tried to use it to speed up our Space Mountain LL. Doh, must try to remember which rides are included and which arenā€™t. My brain was quite tired by this point and I guess I felt like I was doing something ā€˜wrongā€™. However, once Iā€™d trained my family to remind me which rides we could use it on and I held my breath the first time we used it, we flew through every DL genie ride plus my stacked LL plus kept booking more on quick return times. I knew weā€™d be staying after fireworks when it would get quiet so I dinā€™t bother stacking for later. My husband and I had decided that this would be the evening that the teens could go and do their own thing. Theyā€™d been all up for this until they realised that I had a magic ticket and they didnā€™t understand how to use it properly so suddenly they wanted to stick with us.
We started finding a place in the hub for the fireworks about 50 minutes before the start. I realised later that Iā€™d messed up here. I wanted to leave it till the last night as a final hurrah but in reality, we were tired and my husband was sore. He got really frustrated with people popping in to meet up with others in their party. Heā€™s also a really good guy and was trying to stop adults standing in front of little kids. In hindsight, we should have watched form IASW but hey ho. I had a tree and a massive man in front of me. I liked the show and Baymax was fab but I preferred the Florida one, but like I say, that could have been me soaking up the negative atmosphere.
Once we were out of the masses, everyone was happy again and we let the teens roam free, telling them to meet us at Jolly Holiday at midnight. Sounds awful, but I really enjoyed these 2 hours. Constantly trying to meet everyoneā€™s needs is tiring, now it was just my husband and myself. We took the opportunity to do some gentler ā€˜kidsā€™ rides like the Casey train and IASW and we caught the Encanto projections by chance. We had another go on Haunted Mansion as the teens didnā€™t like it then did Pirates and enjoyed a drink and cake from Jolly Holiday and did some lovely people watching.

Left the parks after midnight, exhausyed but very, very happy.

![IMG_1618|375x500](upload://xJsEdAkDYBds3mLFeSLtIwRPuTB.jpeg

5 Likes

Amazing last day! And it doesnā€™t sound awful at all - it is hard when youā€™re trying to keep everyone else happy, especially teenagers! Itā€™s so much more relaxing not to have to think about everybody else for a while.

1 Like

fc9bd12cc1f6588adb56346169be6010c722f29c_2_666x500

Love, love this photo!

And, I agree, it doesnā€™t sound awful at all to have enjoyed time away from the kids to enjoy what you want to enjoy. I completely get it.

4 Likes

What a great report! Iā€™m sorry you had to see the icky window smashing and deal with cranky parade stuff, but overall it sounds pretty amazing.

ā€œWaltā€™s parkā€ will always be my sentimental favorite, even though I have more fun at WDW. The heart wants what it wants :nerd_face::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

How did you use MEP on Snow White when it doesnā€™t have G+?

You go to the exit and they scan your pass with a handheld device.

OK, thanks. Were you using Magicbands? Just wondering how you \used MEP to accelerate G+ return times. Didnā€™t think you could do it at DL without a Magicband.

No magic bands. I was worried about that too as Iā€™d read something about it only working with magic bands. So we had the MEP. I then booked the genie plus ride for a later time in the day. The first time, when we approached the ride I had a little panic as there was no redeem button ( obvious now as it was too early). So I decided to risk the mep as I had another one. Beeped in and held my breath till we were inside the line and could check my app and the ride LL was fine but the MEP remained. Once we used it on a non genie ride, the MEP got removed. It was super fun.

1 Like

oh, okā€¦ thatā€™s the trick. Scan the MEP for a ride with a G+ reservation in the background. Thanks for figuring this out!

Iā€™m sad you didnā€™t love RSR. But I agree, I donā€™t think I would pay for it. We mostly do Single Rider for that now.

Once DD20 and I stood in the splash zone for WOC and we were absolutely soaked! The view was amazing, but we were hit with wave after wave of water in the face and I kept thinking how that water is probably not really clean. Probably will not do that again! :rofl:

All you need to do is use your ticket to scan. I always have a screenshot of my ticket I scan because the app can be so slow and glitchy.

I didnā€™t know that either. So you can scan your ticket to redeem G+. Good to know.

Yes. You can also use MB+. If you compare the bar code of your ticket and the bar code of the ā€œredeemā€ ticket, they are the same