Our February Trip Report

I got 2 things out of this TR.
1 you have a lovely family.
2 you need to give your parents big hugs for all their help. Your parents are like mine the greatest. I can say this because my DW parents would never go out of their way to help dress my DD or take her on rides. I am just proud just reading about your family dynamics.

6 Likes

I totally agree with you on the rider switch. It is a great benefit to have, but being able to tour without it will be amazing! This trip my youngest of 4 will be 41 inches which I was totally excited about. But guess what…I’m pregnant! So another 4 years for us of doing rider switch. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much! They are an amazing troupe. And my parents are pretty awesome (that’s why we live 2 miles from them :slight_smile::partying_face:)! My DH reminds me all of the time just how lucky we are to have them as he didn’t have such a sweet relationship (and still doesn’t) with his parents growing up.

2 Likes

Girl!!! You crazy! But probably awesome. I have a couple of friends with 5 and they are basically rockstar mamas. At least you can be the RS adult for your next trip. :upside_down_face:

crazy = yes, awesome = no. I am terrified actually! It seems like it has been so long since the baby is almost 4! I saw my Dr for the first time today (had ultrasound at 10 weeks), and she just laughed when she walked in the room. She was happy we are keeping her in business.

The tough thing about our next trip is that we still have 2 under 7 so it is tricky on some rides because they both need to sit with DH (for the rides I have to sit out).

Oh yeah, I was also going to say I agree with your theory about parkhoppers. If we stay at an MK or Epcot resort I think it’s a must. Our next trip we are staying offsite at Bonnet Creek and not getting parkhoppers.

I love those Mickey Texas shirts.

Thank you!! Texas forever!!!

Oh man. I felt that way when we found out we were pregnant with DD2. Are your other kids pretty close together? One of my friends who has 5 had her first four all within 5 years and then her fifth was born three years after their fourth and she said it was so much easier having a newborn without a toddler underfoot!

And that is tricky. My mom and I took the kids alone back in October and had a similar dilemma with having three under 7. I think the CM tend to be pretty eager to help you out though.

This is good to know about the helpful CM’s. We have never been denied a ride but there jave been times when one kid had to sit with a stranger adult on 7dmt but it was no big deal.

At one point i i had 4 kids 5 and under. So after #4 i knew i needed a break for a bit. Now our youngest is so spoiled so i am hoping the new baby will help him grow up! He will be 4 when baby comes.

I did too!! My oldest was 5 1/2 when my fourth was born. That was a crazy year for sure. I bet it’ll be so amazing having all of those helpers!! Even today I’m potty training our youngest and DD8 is probably doing just as work as I am. :laughing:

1 Like

This picture with the lanterns is seriously haunting me it is so stinkin cute!!! Where did you take it and is it only at certain times of day?

That is so kind of you to say! I love that we were able to have it taken.

This spot is in the Tangled restroom area. I’m not positive but i think the photopass photographer is only there when its dark. My understanding is that lines can get fairly long…we lucked out as we took this one with no line at the very end of DAH.

Awesome thanks! Will keep my eyes peeled.

Your whole trip report was excellent and the pictures fully sold me on having matching/coordinating shirts that go with the day’s plans. Did you make them yourself? I’m pondering suitable options for our park-hopping days.

We were there in March and my 5 year old son complained the whole way through the completely empty Nemo queue (literally we did not encounter a single person between cast members) that we didn’t have a fast pass. “What do you MEAN we don’t have a fastpass? Why didn’t you fastpass this?” I don’t think he really got the idea of fastpasses, but he was a huge fan of them.

2 Likes

Oh, that is the cutest. Relatedly, my DS7 was up early on my FP booking morning and asking me lots of questions. He said, “oh, you should book them for the rides that will have the longest wait!” I told him that was what I was trying to do!

Thank you!!

I did not. I mostly ordered them off of Etsy. I wish I were talented that way but I def am not!

1 Like

Cool! They looked inspired and unique, so excellent Etsy hunting then!

1 Like

Just catching this report several months later. You have a beautiful family!! Isn’t it lovely having grandparents go along to help out with littles?

I’m so impressed with your kids! They seemed to really troop along even through afternoons & late nights. Did your 2yo just nap along the way?

It seems like you did an amazing job having a plan but being flexible. Something I am working on for our upcoming trip with my (then) 11 months, 3,&5yo girls.

Did you end up going back in May?

1 Like

Thank you so very much for your kind words. We had some really hard years with them being so close together (5.5 years between my oldest and youngest) but I feel like it’s starting to pay off in spades!! Having my folks IS amazing (said in my best Chandler Bing voice)! They live just a couple miles from us and help out a ton. We don’t have a great relationship with my husband’s family so they are just a truly treasured blessing.

The kids were troopers!! The time of year really helped I think. Temps for our trip ranged from mid-50s to low 80s and we were pretty comfortable hanging out in the parks for long periods of time. And yes, my 2 y/o (when she napped) did so in the stroller. I think it would have actually been harder to get her to nap once the room with 7 other people milling about.

We ended up cancelling our May trip BUT we became DVC members instead! When we signed up they gave us 2018’s points (which we weren’t expecting). We had already had a beach trip planned to Florida this summer so my DH suggested I use our ‘18 points around this trip since it’ll save us some money on flights. He can’t go (apparently vacations cost money) so I am attempting a trip as a solo adult with my older three kids (youngest is staying home with Mimi) as well as our 13 y/o niece. We’re there in 18 days!!!

4 Likes