Our Day by Day Trip Report - The trip that came just in time

Well, we finished up at Universal at about 5 pm. We got our ride on Simpsons and went to shoot some aliens on MIB. Got to wander around a few shops, have some ice cream in Diagon Alley, then head out instead of transfer over to IOA for their last hour. Glad we did as we were halfway out of CityWalk when the skies opened up again. Made it to the car relatively dry, grabbed some take out dinner and bubble tea, and headed to our room for the night. After all, it’s Football Night in America tonight. Go Chiefs!!!

14 Likes

:tada::tada::football::tada::tada:

1 Like

Thanks for all the photos. Sounds like you accomplished a lot today!!

We made it to CityWalk at about 8:30 this morning. Hopped on a walk on Mummy ride and grabbed an immediate virtual queue line for Jimmy Fallon. These were the two rides we missed yesterday at USF.

By this point, we started a walk from USF to IOA instead of riding the train, since we knew from yesterday the line build around IOA opening. Immediately went to Hagrids again and switched sides. I rode sidecar this time, but the motorcycle is so much more fun!

Got another ride on Forbidden Journey, but we got stopped at the end of our ride for about 5 min. The lights came up and we sat waiting. Eventually, it started back up but I was afraid of how they would have to unload that ride if it truly broke down.

By this point, Kong was only at 10 min and we missed that one yesterday also. It was practically a walk on. Back to the train, and we decided to have lunch at Leaky Cauldron. Should be there soon.

9 Likes

This sounds like a nightmare for me. At the end of the ride (the only time I’ve ever ridden it), I was trying my very best not to upchuck. I immediately ran to the trash can after getting off and thankfully the feeling passed after a few minutes. If I was stuck on the ride for those minutes there’s no telling what the apprehension would do to me.

2 Likes

Took a little time to shoot some aliens again.

14 Likes

Oh look! You’re facing front! :smiley:

4 Likes

Hah, yeah. I found the camera setting!

5 Likes

Great photos again. Sounds like a great day!!!
Love the masks!

3 Likes

Well, we gave up on Universal at around 2 pm. We got all the rides we wanted for the day…practically everything was a walk on or very minimum wait. So we dropped our park bag at the hotel and made our way back to Disney Springs for some final shopping and dinner.

9 Likes

I like your style :heart_eyes:

Got the last of our shopping done, had some creamy deliciousness at the Gelato shop, and committed what any other Kansas Citian would consider a crime…we ate BBQ for dinner that wasn’t true KC BBQ. We tried Polite Pig for the first time. Not bad…meat was smoked well, and they aren’t afraid of the sweet sauce.

By the way, there is gelato pressed inside that donut!

But now it’s time for hotel and rest. We go back to Universal tomorrow, and I’m interested to see how the weekend will look compared to the weekday.

10 Likes

Heresy!!! :rofl::rofl: Glad your gamble turned out well.
Now, about that gelato-filled doughnut!! :scream:
Amazing how empty Universal has appeared. Great that you got so much done so quickly. Good luck tomorrow!!

2 Likes

Chiefs!!!

1 Like

Polite Pig is one of our family’s favorites. The first time I ordered the Brussels sprouts all boys (son in laws, DSs, Grandsons) ate them all. Had to get more LOL.

2 Likes

We had a feeling that Saturday was going to be bad at Universal and we were right. We got all the rides in we wanted Thurs and Fri, and decided to dedicate the weekend to shopping and just strolling around. Got to see a new character along the way…King Julian

And this brewing storm may cut our day short again, but we will see

But for now, we made the full loop around IOA and decided to try one line in the train over to USF. It said 25 min when we hopped in line, and that’s probably a pretty close estimation.

9 Likes

A Duff beer to go with my Duff apparel.

14 Likes

Are you kidding me???

3 Likes

But where is the queue for that? I remember it being indoors but I see no people at the entrance. Surely a 100 minute wait and social distancing must put people waiting in the streets. Maybe they have limited showing or they are deep cleaning? Seems off?

1 Like

They were wrapped around the side of the building. With social distancing, several queues were not in the same place as prior.

2 Likes