Our 1st Disney Trip - a trip report

Oh, geez! I forgot one fun thing! Gaston is a HOOT! I had gotten DD11 a FP for the Ariel M&G, but as we were passing by, Gaston had a small line. She said “Oooh! Can I stop?!” I let her stop, but DH said “will we miss the FP?” The CM heard us and said “It’s a really short line and I’ll tell you a little secret: if you ever miss your FP because you’re at a M&G, just tell the other cast member where you were and they’ll let you in the FP line. If you’re nice to them, they’ll be nice to you. Not many people are nice to cast members.” That last remark made me sad, but I thanked her. We thoroughly enjoyed Gaston. Watching him with the other kids in front of DD11 was just as much fun as watching him with mine. Even DH got a picture with him…and Gaston’s face in the pic is a riot. :rofl:

9 Likes

I honestly think it’s all about mindset. I told my kids they would count as adults, so they had to order from that menu. I showed them the menu ahead of time (I had it printed out for them to look over). I told them what I thought they’d enjoy based on what we’ve eaten at home. I was shocked by their choices…DD11 had the clams and pork. She’s never had a clam in her life! She admitted that she didn’t really like it later on, but I think she enjoyed the opportunity to try a fancy meal. DD15 liked the salmon (she does eat fish), just not the smashed peas under it. I figured she wouldn’t like those, but I was happy she tried it. I also told him we were paying for the experience, not just the meal. If they were still hungry after dinner, I was willing to get them something else when we returned to Pop. That is most definitely NOT how I address eating at home, but this was vacation and I wanted them to enjoy the experience, not get caught up in the food they didn’t like (which they ended up liking for the most part).

3 Likes

This makes me very happy because my ADR for TH is at exactly 10.35am, too, and I really wanted the “brunch” experience there.

2 Likes

I loved your WDW trip report — thank you for taking the time to write it.

I do hope you’re going to write one for UOR!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m on it!

4 Likes

I enjoyed your trip report! Glad you had a great time.

1 Like

thanks for sharing your trip! :grinning:

1 Like

loved reading your report, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I read your Universal trip report first, and both trip reports were fun and educational to read. Thanks for sharing them!

3 Likes

I like you’re be nice to them and they’ll be nice to you mention.
I had an anytime FP that I was going to use for 7DMT. I also had PP FP. I waited until 10 minutes after the start of the PP FP to tap in…only for it to take my 7DMT. I talked to the CM at PP and they said I would have to go to guest services. I didn’t have the time(or will) for that with my travel plans.
They said to talk to the CM at 7DMT.
I went over and explained to the CM and said, “I understand if you can’t let me on, but with you being so close to PP, I thought I would ask.” He let me right in.
I don’t know why people decide the best tack with service workers is yelling and getting upset.

6 Likes

I love this! I wholeheartedly agree with you. Kindness begets kindness.

3 Likes