Orlando Informer Meet-up

I don’t think @sanstitre_has_left_the_building limits it to just America? :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Ok, talk to me about ride photos. And I guess some rides have pre/post photos instead? But not many other photo spots? Are they all available during the meet-up?

So basically it’s $99? Could maybe split with one other family by each having a card? Or is that just a huge hassle?

Purchasing a My Universal Photos package

The photo package currently offered at the parks can be bought at the My Universal Photos Stores or at participating rides. It is $99.99 plus tax for three consecutive days, and it includes:

• Unlimited access to digital copies of all your in-park and ride photos
  • My Universal Photos lanyard and card
  • One 4×6 and one 5×7 photo or one 8×10 photo print at the time of purchase or redemption

When you purchase and activate your My Universal Photos package, you receive two cards for that package. Using these two cards, you can add as many photos as you’d like to your account. So, if you have 10 people in your family, as long as you’re happy collecting pictures in one account using two cards, you’re set.

I have all the ride photos from a trip a few years ago. I see six ride photos. Mummy, Hogwarts, Gringots (pre-ride), MIB, JP and Hulk. The other professional photos were from the breakfast with Grinch which won’t be happening. I do see photographers in the park but I don’t feel like there as many of them as Disney. They are at the entrance for sure but I’m always rope dropping something.

Edit: However I’d go in on it with you. I think you’ll get more value at Disney though so if you’re gonna pick one place.

Edit 2: I don’t know about the meet up but I’d assume ride photos would still be in operation.

In addition to the ride photos that @gingerSnaps543222 has, I have ride photos from FJ, Rip Saw Falls, and Hagrid’s. I also have photos from the Dark Room which does green screen photos, and well as from some photo spots and meet and greets. I was easily able to get a bunch of cards to add to my account so my party could split up and still get photos. You can easily access the photos from the app or from online.
You may also want to look at My Universal Photos Package Presale to see what packages they have. If you plan to return within a year, you can get an annual photo package for notch more.

1 Like

The next upcoming OI Meetup weekend at Universal Orlando Resort will be announced Friday, April 9 at 10:00 am EDT.

2 Likes

I think this is everyone in this thread that’s mentioned they are going to the June meetup (that I haven’t already tagged elsewhere) if you’d like to utilize the above…
@brerbeer
@jplaz
@TarHeelTiff
@Nikkipoooo

Awwww! So close! Would it be too much to hope for a sneak peek?

“ The Jurassic World VelociCoaster, coming to Universal’s Islands of Adventure June 10.”

Soft opening?

1 Like

But would it still be soft open during an event? Please please please!

2 Likes

I like to think that would be the best time to have it open.

2 Likes

Does this mean photos might be available during the meetup? (I had bookmarked to circle back and check on that!)

Technical rehearsals aren’t guaranteed and I bet it’ll depend on staffing and if there are any issues that day.

1 Like

I’m considering stopping back by on 6/12 before we go to the airport. If we RD’D maybe we could do it then but I’ll think I’ll do a wait and see if we get to do it during the meetup.

The December dates are the 10th and 11th!

Going to try for tickets!

4 Likes

OH YEAH… cooler temps so we are in too!

1 Like

So I saw an OI staff member (Rebecca) was answering questions on a Facebook thread so asked. I’m thinking It won’t be worth doing for just the preclose time.

Yeah agreed. I have ride photos from when we went with both sets of parents (mine and hubby’s mom) and I’m good on those. You have a bigger party so I get why you’d want them. For WDW I did buy MM since we can now take off our masks for the cute and fun digital photos. Plus my DD is bringing a friend who has never come so I’m sure her mom would love to see those.

1 Like

Yeah, I did a MM share through a facebook group.

1 Like

I’M SO EXCITED!

I know y’all have to get through your June meet first, so I hope you post some thoughts/pictures here!

They said they expect this to be the fastest sell out and with people coming out of their vacay-detox, I believe it. I hope I’ll be able to get tickets though :worried:

3 Likes

So you made me think about the friend and she might like some ride photos so I got it for the first three hours (and sounds like some of the rides after hours). I’m not sure how to share it with you since it’s on my account. I’m guessing people create dummy accounts for shared photo packages and I did not do that plus I’m just going the one day so you wouldn’t have it the 5th but if there is a way to share I will. You don’t have to pay me. I have to activate I think when I get there but I wonder if I send you the screenshot of the barcode? And then email you your photos?