Orange Lake Resort River Island Signature Collection

We are planning our trip for the second week in November. We have two 2 bedroom condos booked at Orange Lake Resort River Island Signature Collection. I really do not know anything about this resort it was gifted to us. So any info tips and reviews would be very helpful. How long does the drive take to get to Disney parks? Thanks for any feedback.

Orange Lake is a very nice resort. The River Island Signature Collection is the cream of the crop! We have stayed at OLR twice and on our second trip, bought into the Vacation Club. The property is adjacent to Animal Kingdom; it shares a property line.

I would say that it takes 20 to 30 minutes to get anywhere we want to go On Property from our condo. We were not in the River Island area, but I think you’ll actually be a block or two closer. It’s not a bad “commute.” It’s also very close to lots of restaurants, grocery stores, and a Target.

Have a great time! (We’ll be there from the 5th-9th of Nov.)

You definitely need a car to get around. Stayed there a couple of times and found it very nice. Not a bad ride to Disney. Maybe 10-15 minutes.

Our flight does not leave until Sunday. The condo is from Saturday -Saturday. So we will need to arrange for a place for Saturday night. Is there a hotel there too? Do you know anything about that? Is the mini golf and pool nice? I am not sure it would be warm enough to swim.

The pool is very nice. I am not sure if it is heated or not. I know that it was warm enough last November, but it will really depend on the weather. You can call OLR and see if you can get an additional night, but it’ll probably be expensive. It is a Holiday Inn Resort, but there aren’t any “traditional” hotel rooms. I don’t know anything about the mini-golf. The golf course seemed nice, but I was running, not golfing.