Orange County FL reduces physical distance rules from 6 feet to 3 feet in ALL SETTINGS - Could this mean WDW increases capacity?

Definitely yes! :crazy_face:

ETA It would be a huge coincidence if it was the same, I think? Or a conspiracyā€¦ :thinking:

4 Likes

Ha! I was trying to figure out a better way to word that and took my chances. I should have known! :rofl:

5 Likes

I am not sure. I have been looking at a few different states on the east coast, and they all seem similar so far (within a few percentage points).

1 Like

Wellā€¦ if we consider the spring break crowd one might draw a conclusion that they were not vaccinatedā€¦, I donā€™t know but partying maskless in close quarters in the middle of a pandemic suggests an attitude of throwing caution to the wind or maybe they were living it up cuz they had their shots? But seriously I have no idea :woman_shrugging: then again some ppl might come here for the freedom offered by Floridaā€™s governor that has advertised that Florida is open for business. Iā€™m conflicted :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I think more likely.
People interested in traveling in general are probably more likely.
No data to support. Iā€™m just guessing.

2 Likes

More.

Which is ironic given that the entire place is rooted in fantasy whereas vaccines are science.

Or, is it simply a reflection of ā€œIā€™ll do whatever I have to to get back there againā€ because I can totally appreciate that angle and know some people who were given to consent for this exact reason. WDW is not requiring it but employers may indirectly (where I am no quarantine post travel if fully vaccinated).

3 Likes

This. I think people are so ready to get out of the house and do fun things again.
I need the magic!

3 Likes

Another increase in ride capacity, Buzz Lightyear now loading every car.

Does this mean that WDW will no long need Monsters Inc space for social distance waiting?

5 Likes

I know Monster Inc is being used for Buzz Lightyear lines and Columbia Harbor House is now waiting space for Peter Pan at MK.

IIRC, Little Mermaid and Beauty & the Beast are now waiting space as well at HS.

What other rides/show/attractions/etc. are shut down to serve as additional stand by line space.

Hmm, what about Epcot? Though I suppose there has been something of a futuristic element there, but still, itā€™s not quite as much fantasy.

Based on what I saw last week, things appear to be slowly changing in Disney too. By late afternoon in MK a CM was standing at Caseyā€™s Corner with a loud speaker telling departing guests to exit via the street as the sidewalk was reserved for guests who wanted to go into the Clothier stores. It was a very successful way to prompt people going into that connected set of shops for browsing and shopping. Getting in was super easy. And ā€¦ to my horror my wife walked in. It was so crowded in there it felt like the old Stretch/Shrinking room in the Haunted Mansion. No exaggeration. Getting out was tough.

1 Like