Opinions: What's the better ride: SDD or TSM?

I think it’s the wrist movement that makes my forearm sore! (I’m basically flapping my hand, rest of arm stays still)…or I’m not understanding (which is more likely)

TSM is probably my all time fav WDW attraction…and I’m a 50+ yr old mom who is not very good at it! I like the interactive nature of it and I always finsih with a smile no matter how lousy mt score was. AND its a good arm workout, lol!

1 Like

Assuming the kids like coasters I’d go with SDD. Same-day availability for TSM is easy. I just got back from a trip with my boys (4 & 6). They loved SDD. Both put it in their top 5 with Seven Dwarfs, Test Track, and RotR. They don’t agree on the other one.

Probably not a popular opinion, but I am thoroughly underwhelmed by TSM. SDD, on the other hand, is one of my favorite rides at WDW.

I am terrible at shooter games, but TSM is so fun to me, and the last time we went was before Galaxy’s Edge was open, so we went on it like 4 times because we kept getting fp’s. SDD is super fun, but I have only been on it once because the line was so long.

1 Like

A couple of comments above suggested the waits for SDD were much longer than TSM. But for the day I’ll be there (2/22), TP shows the waits for TSM hovering around 100 min through most of the day but SDD at “only” 70 - 80 min. Does that sound right or is that a glitch?

This is probably because of the new tiering system - with TSM now a Tier 2, more people will get a FP for it, which generally increases the SB lines. Don’t know if the TPs would have actually adjusted for this already, but that would be my hunch.

Unfortunate, but agree with this.

It’s a good theory but I remember TP was showing those long wait times for TSM a couple weeks ago even before the tier changes. I remember thinking, why am I so happy to have a SDD FP when I’ll have to wait 100+ min at TSM!

I thought TSM was less fun than Buzz Lightyear, so if you have to pick one I’d pick Slinky. That being said, I haven’t been on Slinky Dog. :slight_smile:

I was actually able to get both after the tier changes (for 2/22)! I have TSM at 8:45, RnRC at 9:45, and SDD at 11:55. However we have to leave for the airport by around 1 that day so I was hoping to take advantage of the new 8 AM drops to move SDD to the 8 - 9 slot but that means dropping TSM (at least initially). I also just realized I won’t actually be able to see the new SDD drops without canceling the TSM reservation first which makes things more tricky.

That’s blasphemy! Ha ha. IMO TSM is waaayyyy more fun that Buzz. You can actually see where you’re aiming and rack up more points. Buzz I have no idea if I’m hitting the target or if one of the other hundred people in the room are.

1 Like

You can modify your FP, meaning you don’t have to drop one before you pick up another.

Nah, if I try to modify an existing FP, MDE will not show me any availability for that ride during time windows that conflict with another FP I’ve already booked, nor will it show me any availability for other rides I have existing FPs for on the same day. I’m new to this, so not sure if that’s the way it always worked, but it’s been like that recently.

Ah that may be true. I was only speaking to the fact that you can modify without dropping in general. I will defer to someone who has more experience for those specific circumstances.

Totally agree.

Actually, if you use the sight on the blaster, you can see pretty closely what you’re aiming at…but it is admittedly awkward, having to bend down to do it.

Either way, both Buzz and TSM are fun…but TSM is more fun.

1 Like