Opening/Closing times discrepancies

When does TP update times for planning purposes? On their calendar page they have hours listed through 18 April, but those times aren’t reflected in the software.

1 Like

They typically do it the first week of each month. Be aware thought that Universal is notorious for changing their hours right up to a couple of days out. I’ve had a Universal trip planned, in 2018, where the open / close times changed 3 times the week I was leaving for Orlando!

1 Like

Universal is releasing hours roughly 6 weeks prior.

We will be there in 1 month and UOR still doesn’t have hours for our entire week. I’m getting concerned that the crowd levels are going higher but luckily we have EP through our hotel. Weirdly, our tracked days in TP show the Macy’s holiday parade when you go to the actual day. This seems to be true for the whole week of 4/17.

1 Like

I hate to say it, but TP probably just “copied & pasted” the historical calendar. When it comes to Universal, use TP more as a guide / checklist than a detailed itinerary.

I love the WDW TP, it’s pretty spot on. I make hard copy itineraries that I bring into the park and follow to the minute. With Universal, I still make a plan, but I open the TP Lines App for that park on the day I’m there and habitually “evaluate” the plan to make adjustments.

(Not a fan of the “optimize” button because it’ll rearrange the steps that can make you criss-cross the park just to save 7 minutes in a queue. I optimize my early drafts, both WDW & UOR, but once I have a basic walking path I just “evaluate” and adjust / skip as needed.)

2 Likes

You’re right, the hours are only 4 weeks out currently. :grimacing:

2 Likes