Oops!

No problem. Quick rundown is there are Marvel movies and there are Marvel movies within the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Movies in the MCU are all interconnected. Often when the media talks about this crazy thing Marvel and Disney are doing it’s the MCU. These movies all have been well received for the most part and I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those movies. There were also Marvel movies made by Fox and also by Sony. These have been hit or miss and aren’t really connected to each other other than as sequels. These include the X-men movies, Fantastic 4, Wolverine, Blade, Deadpool and the older Spider-Man movies. Deadpool does reference other Marvel movies though but it’s not connected by plot yet. More just gags but fun. I’d recommend the MCU movies first over these other movies for now as they are generally better. But with The Disney/Fox merger it means the MCU could expand significantly in the coming years. The fans, myself included, are excited by this. Happy viewing!

1 Like

Thank you! That’s very helpful. I have no idea about the history of any of this!

If you liked Guardians of the Galaxy, some of the funnier MCU movies might be a good way to wet your feet, and then if you want to know more about the various character and story arcs that run through the MCU movies then consult the timeline suggestions. I like the funny ones best: both Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor: Ragnarok, and both Ant Mans, and Spiderman: Homecoming. The most recent Spiderman (Far From Home) was funny but dark and anyway I’d wait until after seeing End Game for that one. I also love Black Panther, if I could only watch one I think I’d pick that one.