Oogie Boogie Bash returning!

“FIRST LOOK: 2021 Oogie Boogie Bash Event Map for Disney California Adventure - WDW News Today” FIRST LOOK: 2021 Oogie Boogie Bash Event Map for Disney California Adventure - WDW News Today

2 Likes

Watching some of the live streams, and this is clearly putting boo bash to an absolute shame.

1 Like

IMG_62581

IMG_62601 IMG_62681 IMG_62691 IMG_62701 IMG_62731

5 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Does anyone have any intel yet on the latest time you can get in line for Villanous Grove? Do they cut the line early because it gets too long or can you jump in at 10:55 and have it be the last thing you do? I’ve only seen a couple of articles on bloggers who have gone but haven’t seen that information. Thanks!

wooh. We went in 2019 and we just did it immediately after the parade (at the time they only did the parade once because they did two Villainous shows). I wouldn’t risk it. The line looked really long but I don’t think it was more than 20 minutes and it was a sold out holiday weekend. The treat trails don’t take that long either even if the lines look long.

Thanks!

When we went in 2019, watched the parade from right by Little Mermaid (I think there was only one then since they had the WOC show as well), as soon as it passed by hurried quickly to the Villains Grove and got in fairly quickly. Most people still had the parade to see, since it starts back by the Pier. Not sure it will work as well with 2 parades though. I don’t think I would leave it until last if it is important to you. I haven’t decided if I will try to see it, it was cool but not really worth a long wait in my opinion.

1 Like

It will be our first ever party, so we want to prioritize treat trails and parade and VG and hope we are able to get in some PP pics. There are only a handful of must rides and we hope to do those between 3-6.

1 Like

So in 2019 on Columbus Day weekend on Sunday we did the parade, VG and then all 5 of the character treat trails (there are 8 now). Then we rode rides, GotG, RSR (we still did Single Rider because it said 30 min and we were in less than 5 in competing cars which was kind of fun), Incredicoaster, Little Mermaid, and we met some characters that we passed along the way and then it was time for Villainous. At the time they closed the Pier rides because of Villainous so we prioritized Incredicoaster I remember somehow. But we were able to do all that from the time of the official party. Before the official party in the early time we rode rapids, Luigi and Tow Mater and the daytime version of GotG and saw the Dance Off show outside, rode Toy Story and Incredicoaster during the daytime and ate dinner. You have time for a lot but just not everything. The character meet & greets got long lines but I’m not sure how that works now with social distancing. I would think that makes that much much faster since you can’t do hugs and autographs. We did not have time for the kiddie show or the dance party or the extra treat trails and DD wanted to ride Goofy’s Sky School and me Soarin and we couldn’t fit those things in. I’d prioritize and hit it in that order.

1 Like

I loved the characters on the treat trails and the parade in 2019. We also met a lot of the characters that time, but now you pretty much have to take your own pics with them so not sure I am going to do as much of that. I am looking forward to next weekend! I love Halloween time at DLR.

1 Like

Me too! It was a fantastic event and why I’m going again. The character treat trails were great, the parade was great and I liked VG. There is very little wait for the rides too. It’s very nice.

2 Likes

Thanks, there are 4 of us, so we each chose a Treat Trail and if there is time and we want to we can do the others. Really just trying to decide between VG during 1st parade and watch 2nd or watch 1st parade by LM as Karen suggested and then head to VG. I imagine we can get at least 1-2 Treat Trails or 1 Trail 1 PP before the parade, and if we have time for more that will be a bonus, but we like to set a low bar so no one is disapointed. And it sounds like 4 trails, Parade, VG and maybe a PP or two is not out of the question for the 5 hours of party time. Thanks for all the input, I really apprecaite it.

1 Like

The parade was already so easy to see last time when there was only one so I don’t think it really matters which one as far as crowds go. I do VG after dark for sure. And do the indoor villains like Oogie Boogie when it’s still light out. Last time dr facilier was inside but I think he’s somewhere different this time. Sid might also be a good daytime one as he’s not so scary. My favorites from last time were evil Queen, malificient and Oogie. (I missed mad hatter he was on break). This time I’m very excited for Agatha and cruella.

1 Like

Anybody know if VG has DAS?

No Rose. No DAS

There’s a survey after the party too.

1 Like

I plan on hitting Animation Academy sometime during the first parade I think. I will be skipping VG as it was a one and done for me. I mean its cool but that wait and no treats was a bummer for me :rofl:

1 Like