Onsite Stay and then Offsite Stay (FP and reservation windows)

I am planning a two week trip for my family of 4 in July/August 2020. The first week of our trip I would like to be onsite at a WDW location-probably a value resort. The second half, we will be with extended family offsite (not WDW affiliated resort).

I currently have the following questions and would be grateful for any insight:
-How will this affect my Fastpass reservation window?
-How will this affect our ability to make restaurant reservations?
-Does the ability to create the 60 day reservations coincide only with my WDW stay, or will it be based on the number of ticket days I purchase and the start date I indicate?
-Any other notes for people starting onsite then ending offsite? I think we will only be able to use Magicbands for food purchasing during the duration of our onsite stay, but not sure about that.

I have read that there is a loophole to make 60 day advanced FP reservations in similar onsite/offsite situations, but not sure if it is still valid or if it will be next year.

Thanks for all your insight! This is a great community with a vast wealth of knowledge. I am really enjoying my research and super excited about this trip.

1 Like

You will be able to book at 60 days for your onsite days, including check in and check out day. The rest will open at 30 days.

For ADRs, you can book at 180 days before check in day for all your onsite days including check out day. The rest you will book at 180 days before the actual day you want.

You can use your magic band for purchases during your onsite stay including checkout day. If you have the dining plan, your credits will expire at midnight of checkout day. After that, your band can be used for park entry, FPs, photopass, but not for purchases.

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like