One thing~

Is the Stave Chapel still open in Norway?

Many people don’t know you can go in there. Years ago, thanks to Liner tips, I walked up to open the door. My family told me that you couldn’t go in there, but we did. It was pretty neat to be in an almost hidden part of the park.

3 Likes

We could in 2019

1 Like

Yes, it’s a little museum.

1 Like

Most definitely the kidspots. In 2019 there were post cards and an inspired ziploc (the sponsor) storage bag. Much better than the bear or even Perry. I did enjoy the masks, tho they weren’t easy to carry or pack. Always loved chatting up the CMs who were from the respective countries. One year we asked about their version of the tooth fairy. Some looked at us like we were speaking nonsense - money for a tooth?

We have tried to snack at each country - usually travel with kids. We’ve tried candy from each country. And the obligatory beverage. We’ve only ever hit every country on one trip when we used to visit Epcot every evening for supper. Other trips we get about halfway around.

Mexico - the Mariachis, the exhibits in the pyramid, in 2019 there was a fun Coco thing for kids to play with, churros.

Norway - the Hansen store tho I never buy anything it’s fun to look around. Akershus was a favorite restaurant despite the princess hype. Hoping to eat there again some day.

China - the movie, the store where nearly all our souvenirs for others come from, the acrobats may we see them again and the ambiance of the plantings and the buildings.

Germany - Biergarten because dinner and a show, the toy shop, and our almost the most World Showcase must do the model trains.

Italy - the street Players or whatever they were called. And taking a minute to appreciate the architecture and gondolas.

American Adventure - Voices of Liberty and the pin trading place.

Japan - drummers, pearl choosing in the store, koi ponds, the pine trees were selected to look like trees from Japan, tho those trees don’t survive in Florida.

Morocco - pastries, the impressive tile work, the restaurant or even the counter service.

France - Les Halles for snacks, and the energy between the pavilion buildings and the Lagoon. There seems to always be something going on.

UK - the formal garden on the non Lagoon side opposite the counter service place, the “streets” with the different architectural eras represented, and again local Sycamore trees replicating Plane trees which wouldn’t care for Florida weather.

Canada - the Gardens, the forced perspective to suggest higher elevations, the movie and the leather shop which my sister nearly hyperventilates in every trip getting her leather fix.

Enjoy exploring. :blush:

3 Likes

Live performances

1 Like