One or two staterooms?

Hi, another first time cruise question. My family is 2 parents and 3 kids, but the older two kids are as big as small adults (like in the 5 foot tall range already). We technically would fit into one stateroom that is 299 sq ft. (I’ve only considered the Dream so far). Is the lack of space and privacy really oppressive with 5 in one room, of those sizes? I know everyone says you spend little time in the room, but I also want to have a decent vacation…we would definitely get the verandah if we all squeeze into one room, for the extra space…

We are a family of eight and need two.
For five, DCL allows 5 in some staterooms. They have a split bathroom. Id just get one myself. We are hardly in them. We also don’t care about balconies - we’ve learned we don’t use them enough.

Staterooms are small. Don’t get me wrong. But we sleep in them and get dressed and out as much as possible.

If you have a wonderfully large budget enjoy two. But you have to book one adult in each stateroom and if military last minutes (MTO) are the same as other *GT they won’t guarantee they are connecting or even adjoining or even in the same deck.

2 Likes

Thanks! When I looked on their website it did take me to a screen where I could choose the room(s) from the military discount window. But, to be fair, I didn’t go all the way through making a res so I don’t really know what would have happened. I’m leaning towards getting only one stateroom anyway.

1 Like

I would like to think Disney goes the extra mile for our Military. I just had always thought MTO was the same as *GT. I hope you are correct and get the best options possible. :+1:

We haven’t gone on our cruise yet, but we’re 2 adults and 3 kids too, and I opted for 2 inside rooms. It was almost the same price as one family room and we get two bathrooms and more space. My kids are excited for the magic portholes too.

1 Like

I’ve thought about doing that. We really can use the extra bathroom and space.

You can all fit in the Family Verandah and many families do, but if you can afford a connecting room, that would be more comfortable.

We are a family of 4, but two teens. We like two rooms that connect. We like the bigger balcony space and the space to put our things. Also, there’s no fighting over the bunk bed. Having the extra bathroom and shower is also great.

You have to have an adult listed in each room, but DCL doesn’t care where you sleep, so many people put the kids in one room and the parents in the other.

But, if you aren’t interested in the extra cost, you should know that some adults like to head over to the gym area and use the showers there, so the kids can use their stateroom shower to get ready.

There is a heavy curtain between the queen bed and the area of the other beds, so no privacy issues if you manage it well. You can even have the light on for reading while the kids’ area is dark… or vice versa.