One of the lesser known treasures at DLR

I had the privilege of running into Peter on my birthday two years in a row and it was easily the highlight of both my trips and even got to do the famous handshake! He is DLR royalty. During the pandemic, I have often wondered how he is fairing. I have seen messages from his family that he is doing well, but missing the parks, as we all are. I hope he is still doing well. If you don’t know who “Clapping Peter” is, please take a moment to watch this video:

8 Likes

I’m not crying - you’re crying! :sob::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Glad to know I am not the only one!

4 Likes

Give me a minute, the pixie dust will leave my eyes soon…

4 Likes

I can’t with how much I LOVE this video and how much I love people like “Clapping Peter”. There were a lot of people who doing the parks daily was all they knew. It was their entire routine. And they were always so happy and grateful to be there, day after day.

I had my own Clapping Peter that would come in and see me in the Sports Shop every shift, and later when I moved to attractions, I would see him at Pin Trading stations. throughout the park.

This video was exactly what I didn’t know I needed today. Thank you for posting. :cry::heart:

4 Likes

Love Love LOVE this!! Thank you for posting!! I can not count how many mornings started with Peter at rope drop, clapping and then the special handshake! One of the favorite Disneyland photos to get along with Chef Oscar and Tiki Maynard

8 Likes