One early entry day at IOA - help!

No way around it—you need the hotel key.

4 Likes

Ok thanks. We did change our days so we’ll be doing early entry on check in day. Sounds like by 6 am we should be able to get our room key. Hoping I’ll get an email allowing for mobile check in tomorrow to make the physical check in faster.

1 Like

The only workaround / “hack” that I know of is if you know someone that has been before and still has an old room key. They really do not check anything other than “do you have a key?”. You walk past TM’s without even pausing just holding up a room key.

I keep mine as they have different ride art on each, but I’ve always thought if I decided to stay off-site to just bring an old one with me to get into EPA! :crazy_face:

I typically get my mobile check-in e-mail the day before the arrival. I have had it come in a couple days in advance, but not often.

5 Likes

Great tip, I will save this room key for potential future use!

With the rain forecast Saturday, we have revised our plans: arriving to CB about 6:30 am to park car and get room key, then walk to IOA for EE.

Thank you all so much for your help.

1 Like

Thank you all for your help and advice! I had a great time and was done with Hagrid’s and Velocicoaster by 9:30 am (and we didn’t get to the gates until 7:20ish, and took a bathroom break after Hagrid’s). That evening the OI event was taking place and we spoke to some attendees…and I bought a ticket for the December event. Can’t wait to ride my favorites (and the Mummy!) with little wait.

8 Likes

So where is the best place to be dropped off by ride share for IOA? And how exactly do we get there?

Parking, guest drop-off, and the Universal Orlando transportation hub.

2 Likes