One Annual Pass Not Primary Person on MDE

We are planning two, maybe three, trips to Disney this year. We are eligible for the Military Salute tickets which are a great deal. They run $301 for six day park hopper tickets. However, we are considering purchasing an annual pass for one of us to get the discounts associated with the pass. We are still crunching numbers, but it looks like it would be a good investment. Since I am more likely to visit alone than my husband is–we are thinking the pass should be in my name. Our My Disney Experience account is currently in my husband’s name. If we purchase the pass in my name, should we open a new My Disney Experience account in my name or will it allow me to book rooms and download photos in the account under my husband’s name?

Only the AP holder is eligible for any AP benefits, including PhotoPass downloads. You should absolutely have your own MDE account. You can then link your MDE account and your husband’s through the Friends and Family screen. Once that’s done, all PhotoPass pictures scanned by either your MB or your husband’s will show up in your MDE account, but only you can download them.

1 Like

Thanks! I had a feeling that was the way to do it. Not a problem since opening an MDE account is easy to do!