Once Upon a Time-thoughts

Four episodes in… Not sure how I feel
About it? Keep watching or ditch?

I watched the first season or two and was happy with the way i thought things were going to go but each episode they add in more and more characters and now it’s just a big ole’ mess, in my opinion. They are losing the story and with 5 new characters every week you lose the connection to them, which to me, is the whole draw of a show. If i don’t like the characters or the writing, there’s no point. I ditched, but that’s just me.

There’s only five shows that I watch…and Once Upon a Time is one of them. I’m a big fan of archetypal characters (ala Joseph Campbell), and so there are some amazing bits of character development to watch. The good guys aren’t always the good guys, the bad guys aren’t always the bad guys, and just when you think you have it figured out, something comes in to challenge your assumptions.

If you get through the second season and it still isn’t meshing for you, then I’d suggest dumping it at that point, because if it hasn’t Hooked you by then, it probably won’t. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really liked seasons 1 & 2, but thought they were a bit uneven, with some episodes way better than others - if you’ve only seen the first 4, I say watch a few more before deciding to ditch- it took me a while to get into it.

I haven’t seen Season 3 because it didn’t get picked up by the UK networks (boo!) - out on DVD here soon, so I’ll catch up then.