On the fence about ‘Ohana

Well if they don’t want it spelled like it’s Irish, don’t use a name an idiot like me will confuse with one that’s Irish! CLEARLY I am the victim here! :rofl:

As I will be solo, is ‘Ohana (there, ya happy now?) better with multiple people? I know some places just are, like Chef Mickey’s or 50s Prime Time Diner.

As of now, my plans are fairly fluid. Which makes it a hard decision. But as I get closer, whatever it is I decide I have to commit to, because there’s only so much I can eat in a day. With me having a buffet earlier in the day, there’s a very good chance I’ll still be “not hungry” come 8PM.

Really, the only reason I’m second guessing a straight up cancel is this has been a pretty hard reservation to get (at least for me). I tried to get it on the past 3 trips with no luck. Now that I got it, kinda don’t want to just abandon it, y’know?

I’ve gone to 'Ohana with one other person, and with big groups of people (6 or more). Being in a big group is definitely a better experience (imo).

It is not a restaurant I would like to go to solo and I like eating solo at restaurants.

1 Like

…what?

1 Like

My bad, I thought they were going to Tepan Edo. My bad. Ohana is right be the monorail at the poly, yes.

1 Like

Solo trip? I think I’d skip 'Ohana and go to Kona instead. But that’s not really your question. Between 'Ohana and F&G, I’d hang at Epcot and enjoy… but…what day of the week is it? If it’s Saturday, get the heck out of Epcot.

3 Likes

It’d be on a Tuesday. lol agreed, Epcot + F&W + weekend + evening = me no where near there. :rofl:

1 Like

Ok, so in that case, I’d opt to stay at Epcot.

2 Likes

I have absolutely nothing to add here. That won’t keep me from posting. I wish I had the love for Epcot that everyone in this thread does. I’m in Epcot about 3.5 hours and I’m like get me the heck out of here. :grimacing:

The Wave over at the Contemporary.

1 Like

We’ve had one stellar experience and one mediocre experience so my reviews skews more toward the postive. I have a tie breaker reservation in Sept.

1 Like

image http://www.quickmeme.com/img/a9/a93daeb13eccdb79dafe4cee694ab1a3d70b20f1a33c73498d443e8f55072d8f.jpg

I would think 'Ohana would be more fun in a group. I’ve only been with my family. It’s kind of a place I don’t imagine would be as fantastic alone. Ask @sanstitre_has_left_the_building though.

Also my family would never want to focus on food booths (since they don’t all have chicken nuggets :joy::joy:) so that may play into my inclination to do the booths if solo over 'Ohana

2 Likes

We really like 'Ohana but I would not leave Epcot to go there. It isn’t a pain to get there at all but the travel time and the fact that you are leaving a park full of great dining options would mean it wouldn’t make sense to us.

1 Like

I had breakfast there last summer. Alone, obviously. The food is similar to Garden Grill.

I got a good table with a view of MK:

And my favourite ever character photo was taken there:

4 Likes

But this is Food and Wine festival. If you like trying lots of foods and drinks, it’s a different epcot experience.