On the fence about ‘Ohana

I have a reservation for O’hana on my Epcot Day but I’m second guessing it.

Is it really all it’s cracked up to be or would I be better off just enjoying the Food & Wine booths? I also have a early lunch buffet that day if that factors into it.

It gets very mixed reviews. I’d stay at EP.

1 Like

Seems like a hassle to get to when you’ll probably be in world showcase, unless you plan to uber from beach club.

2 Likes

FWIW when we went during F&G a few years ago we had Ohana on our Epcot day (although for a later-ish dinner at 8:40-ish). And while we loved the experience of Ohana & getting to see the fireworks from our corner table with a perfect castle view, there were for a few downsides. First of all, in order to have room for all the good eats at Ohana, we refrained from snacking & being in Epcot with all the best snacks, that was very sad to us. Secondly, the time away from Epcot was missed. We would’ve loved to have that night to just soak in & snack around the showcase.

2 Likes

Is it that bad? I thought it was the single monorail ride and a short walk? Is it more complicated (I’ve never been, so I honestly don’t know)?

yeah the lack of snackage and missing illuminations are certainly weighing heavily on this indecision. There’s also the whole “is the food worth it?” question.

aaaaaannnnd

Sounds like it’s not. I think i’ll cancel it.

Good choice. O’hana for dinner was a “must” do from the cousins. They said the food was delicious. Yes, we enjoyed the bread, noodles, broccoli, wings, and bread pudding. But for the money, we were there for the meat! They were dry. Service was poor and they worked to push us out. Epcot F&W and Illuminations are much better choices.

2 Likes

It was for us 3 yrs ago, so when we first embarked at 7:30 from Epcot it seemed like genius planning bc w/out park hoppers it was the only time we were going to take the Monorail to the TTC (and as we all know with kids the monorail is just as much an attraction as any of the rides inside the parks). The walk to Poly was also much shorter than I expected & quite calm. But then once we realized the degree of snacking & time missed from Epcot, I think I would’ve rather planned it for an early night on a park that isn’t my favorite or a non-park day (but I can’t seem to ever get myself to committ to one completely park free day ever).

1 Like

That’s right, I was thinking you needed to take the resort monorail too, but you can walk. You also have to walk across epcot, which will require 2 mickey bars to avoid a calorie deficit.

2 Likes

We really liked the Ohana Breakfast.

1 Like

yeah dis ain’t dat. :slight_smile: This was a really late dinner, around 8PM.

We were disappointed in our meal there. I wanted to love it, but it was just average.

1 Like

:flushed: Now I’m second guessing our Ohana reservation. We’ll be at MK until 6 PM and then leave when the Christmas party starts (Ohana red is for 8:30). Is there a similarly priced TS restaurant you’d do instead?

1 Like

My family LOVES Ohana! It’s one of our favorites. But I have always planned it on our MK day, or when we are staying at poly. I probably wouldn’t do it on my Epcot day but it’s not too bad getting there if you just take the monorail from Epcot to TTC and then walk from TTC to Poly. I personally think it’s worth it.

1 Like

For all you can eat or anything?

The bread pudding alone makes it worth going to.

4 Likes

Dude…

'Ohana

It’s not Irish! :rofl::rofl:

We love it there. But if I were solo and could do the booths, that would be my choice

4 Likes

We did it last year and I was not a fan especially for the price…it’s def a one and done for me.

1 Like

I love Ohana at dinner. I also love F&W booths. It depends on if you want to leave Epoct and what your plans are for the evening. Both are good choices.

1 Like

We were at Ohana in October 2018. Excellent meat. Watched the 9 or 10 p.m. fireworks show at MK while the music was piped in. Awesome experience. We had a party of 8 and 2 preteens. Waiters were great. Very enjoyable.

2 Likes

I’ll say up front that I’ve never been to Ohana; we have a very good “all you can eat meat on a sword” restaurants where I live, so I’ve never seen a need to use a limited WDW dining experience to go there. But if I decided that I did want to go, it would never be on an EP day - especially during a festival. I would use it as an escape form the inferior MK food, or I would go on a non-park day.

3 Likes