On-site: is it worth it?

I think you’re getting the best of both worlds. Have fun! I hope you can check in while you’re there and let us in on some of the fun! But with 7 of you, it might be a little, wee bit busy! :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’m planning on it! We’ll see how good I am at taking notes while rangling everyone through the parks. :rofl:

Before you make a decision on this, take a moment to read this recent posting from Touring Plans:

3 Likes

Question: How will on-site guest get into the parks for early entry when off-site will be waiting to get in for RD time? I’m sure this has been answered. It’s been awhile since I’ve gone to EMH and had to prove I was a resort guest. I know I still see designated turnstiles for PH, but they let anyone through them.

1 Like

I read this a few days ago and it’s definitely featured heavily into our decision. With the Covid social distancing changes where buses and other Disney transport arrive earlier than parking lots even open, there is an unofficial “early theme park entry” for on-site guests especially for Magic Kingdom.

2 Likes

That is one of those “devil is in the details” questions. From another article, here are a few of the things that remain unanswered:

• When is the start date?
  • Which attractions will be available?
  • Which off-site resorts will be included?
  • With physical distancing, how (and where) will Disney “sort” off and on-site guests before the parks open?

I’m more of the @Bubblez ilk (vacations aren’t for waking up early), and since my last Rope-Drop where I got trampled by the thundering herd behind me I swore off of EMH mornings but many have to reconsider with these new changes.

3 Likes

I think the freedom it will give your teens will be the best pro! Have fun!

1 Like

Nice detail here. I saw a list of off site resorts somewhere recently that were going to be included, but I can’t remember where. RD right now isn’t herd-trampling during C-19, but I was truly frightened when I RD’d w/ DS for SSD a few years back; NO FUN! and I did a 0600 RD for Bantu; YUK! As I get older I’m less likely to be there at opening, but I still get excited and can’t wait to get there.

2 Likes

Ok, I admit I didn’t read anything here except the title. I thin onsite is worth it and I wouldn’t do Disney any other way, unless I didn’t have a choice. I love being in the bubble and the easy transportation.

3 Likes

This thread adds another instance of when on-site might be worthwhile, and I one I wouldn’t have guessed. “When it is cheaper”

For me, I hate the layout of most Disney’s hotels. I want my walking to be over when I get to my hotel. So, I’m fine with a motel or a tower. But not most Disney or Vegas hotels.

2 Likes

True! Port Orleans is probably the best in size to limit your after park walking. Other wise it’s a premium to buy preferred rooms to be closest to lobby or pool.

2 Likes

This is what I was trying to say, but ended up with an overly long, boring analysis with the same conclusion :sweat_smile:

1 Like