On-property hotel deal leads/tips?

Looking to add a couple nights to a stay in May and trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible. In the past, I’ve utilized pin codes and hotwire/priceline deals for value resorts/Swan/Dolphin (thanks to @JJT) but it seems like those are a thing of the past…Anyone have any good pointers?

Sadly so far the PE and HW hidden deals for Disney resorts are still missing in action.

There have been a few instances of good Swolphin deals, but they were mostly released near term deals, as opposed to the crazy year long drops a few years ago.

If you haven’t played around with it yet, I have been working on a DVC rental project - you can try out my search engine sheet to se if anything interesting pops up for your dates. It is a compilation of all deals from 4 of the larger DVC rental sites, usually updated twice a day (morning and evening.)

A quick look in May and there are a fair amount of rentals out there for that month that are near the median prices of all I’ve recorded. A few high priced ones and a few lower priced ones too.

Not sure if anyone would want to lock into a DVC rental this far out of course, unless trip insurance is in play these days? Good luck!

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/dvc-rental-search-engine-fun-testing/88602

3 Likes

Depending on when in May, I’ve seen Swan pop up on Hotels.com. but at 500/night. Wyndham Grand Orlando Bonnet Creek pops up quite a bit.

1 Like

I’ll take a look and keep my eyes out, thanks! I really miss those <$100/night deals, I got so many trips using your tips. I was spoiled for a few years with an AP, airline points/cheap flights, and way below rack rate stays.

4 Likes

Costco is worth investigating. They offer sales / extras that can get very interesting when you are comparing deals. Their prices/offers can fluctuate. Just might be worth investigating/keeping an eye on. Good luck!

1 Like

OK Homeric Author, I’m addicted to this link. Who doesn’t love a great deal. Thank you for creating!

1 Like

Here’s a tip. Pop Century! Value resort. Nice and at a quarter of the price of medium resorts. Best of all it has the Skyliner to Epcot. Why pay more as you only sleep there. They have a pool and QS.

Funny though - earlier today I was complaining about this Pop price point I saw when updating things this morning - it is getting the old Disney push up the line.

That is not true anymore. Pop is rarely less than $200/night once you add in taxes and quite often over $250. Even the All Star resorts are close to $200 on nights.

2 Likes

After paying under $100/night (sometimes as little as $69/night) for many past trips, $200/night for a value resort (even with the skyliner) seems absurd to me. For these nights, it’s really about a place to rest my head in between rope drops and park closes :rofl:
I’m certainly becoming cheap in my old age, my mom would be proud.

4 Likes

I miss MVT deals so much! In 2019 I paid $125/night for my trip. This year going through Priceline with a 10% discount and $50 off coupon I’m paying $206.

Eta: these are for the same 5 nights from the Friday after Thanksgiving to Wednesday.

2 Likes

It’s hard to ever be happy about any onsite rate again after 150/night at both CSR and Swan on my previous 2 trips. Ah, the good ol days.

3 Likes

Wow! Complaining about $229 a night at POP.! Let’s see, Caribbean Beach is starts at $386. The Skyliner comes to POP and goes to Epcot. No crowded buses at night. I used to put my money down for POR but we only slept there. Why pay more? If you got it though feel free to spend it. Remember, Chapek loves you!

1 Like