Old magic Bands?

We bought magic bands for a trip in 2019. Disney says to expect them to last for about two years. I wondered if anyone had experience with how long it takes before they don’t work any more. If they aren’t going to work, I’d rather order new ones now than find out at the parks.

1 Like

They will work forever on anything you tap - so park entry, hotel doors, ride access. The two years is for the proximity stuff, so mainly the ride photos. If you aren’t bothered by that, then no need to replace. If you were all riding together, then you could just replace 1 band to make sure you get the photos.

Otherwise, 2 years is a bit hit or miss - some report longer, whilst others are flat. Hope that helps.

4 Likes

Mine still worked to tap into parks. Received in 2019 and 2018.

1 Like

We just left this morning and our bands from 1/19 worked fine…we didnt mind about the photos

1 Like

Ours from 2018 still tap things just fine. If you want ride photos just make sure you tap them at the photo screens.

2 Likes

Some photos you tap for anyhow, such as Space Mountain and ToT. Others as well. Just make sure you remember to tap for them as you exit the ride.

2 Likes