Old Key West vs. Kidani Village

After 5 year hiatus, planning trip this December with 7 adults. Thinking of renting DVC points vs. staying offsite so now trying to decide between 2 bdrm at Old Key West or Kidani Village. We stayed at Key West in 2014 so am familiar with that, but I like that Kidani has 3 bathrooms. Any advice or recommendations?

2 Likes

I have stayed at both, but only in a studio. I would have a hard time turning down Kidani. I love AKL and would stay there every time if I could!

2 Likes

I would 100% choose AKL. OKW was just meh to me. Plus transpo is easier from AKL than OKW too.

1 Like

I’d vote for AKL as well. There are drawbacks to each, including the sprawling nature of the resort (lots of walking!) and the distance to the parks. For me, the animals at AKL and the single bus stop put Kidani over the edge.

That said, OKW is a very relaxed pace resort if that’s our vibe.

1 Like

I love Kidani. I have to admit I haven’t stayed at OKW though. It would be hard for me to not pick Kidani and the 3 bathrooms.

2 Likes

Personally, I’d do ALK. The food options are great (assuming they’re open by then, which I imagine they will be if they’re not already - I haven’t been following that), the pool is really nice, and the animals are awesome.

3 Likes

Oh yes, Sanaa is worth the entire trip (to WDW) by itself. I don’t know what other food options are available at Kidani (I think a pool bar?), but The Mara, Boma and Jiko are now open at Jambo.

2 Likes

For 7 adults you’ll be happy to have that extra bathroom. I’d go with AKL too.

Even as much as I love OKW.

3 Likes

Thanks all for the feedback. You’ve definitely helped me confirm what I was already thinking in that AKL will be a better option for us!

3 Likes