Olafsdad & DW trip report 1/3 - 1/8/21

Wow!!! What view!

Day#5 started with sitting on the balcony waiting for the sun to rise. It was so peaceful and quiet. You could hear the birds, and the waves from the lagoon, then out of nowhere I heard a woman scream " Oh My God, I got it, I got it!!" I immediately realized it was exactly 7:00am. LOL… Apparantly she was on the balcony below me attempting to get her Boarding Group for RoTR. (Glad she got it :slight_smile: Anyway, as I sat there, I decided this mornings relaxing stroll video should include a walk from the TTC to the MK via the new walkway so I went for it. (Again, I’ll post the videos once I get them edited) I’ve learned its easier/quicker to edit/upload the videos if I film them in shorter increments and then splice them together.

The walk from my room by the TTC to MK took about 45 minutes. But I stopped quite a few times to just take some still shots and admire the view. In theory, I would say 30 minute walk from TTC to MK. Once at MK I took the resort boat back to the Poly. Mobile ordered some Mickey waffles from Capt Cooks (because I deserved it) then made way back to my balcony to enjoy them. headed over to the Hot tub one last time and made sure to hit the water slide at the Lava pool.(I’ll post a link for proof haha) Room wasn’t ready at AKL so we headed back over to DS for one more EoS Holiday sandwich and some Amorettes desserts for later. They had some cool Star Wars statues outside the lego store. Also, if you like EoS sandwhiches, I highly recommend signing up for their loyalty email club. They sent me several coupons while we were here. Free brownies, Free Cookies, $5 off, buy one get on free sandwiches, etc…

Got the room ready text for AKL while we were eating so we headed over there. Value room. 8 pts and I paid $12 a point so $96. Beautiful view of the pool

Hot tub was empty so we indulged there for a spell. and now it’s almost 7pm, we just finished doing all the laundry and getting ready to eat some dinner and hitting those wonderful desserts. I will add that all the Xmas decorations are down here at AKL, unlike all the other resorts we stayed and the lobby still looks beautiful but somewhat bare from when we here last month

9 Likes

That view of the pool at Jambo looks like the view we had in October. At any other resort it would be primo view, but I was a little bummed we didn’t get animals. :laughing:

Okay, favorite slide so far?

1 Like

Coronado Dig site slide.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for so many amazing pictures! Looking at them has been the highlight of my day!

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed them. Thanks for the nudge. I may have not done it without it :smiley:

1 Like

this is a really neat trip idea exploring all these different resorts. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes
8 Likes

Woo-hoo!! Virtual trip down the water slide made my morning!!

4 Likes

Well, guess what just happened. I booked an extra night for my trip coming up in late January at CSR! Disney Visa discount is pretty amazing. I hope the weather cooperates and I can try the slide. :slight_smile: Is the water warm-ish? I will just know that I have the hot tub after to warm up in after I guess. Cuz priorities.

5 Likes

Water is very warm. Even on the slide. Also used the Disney Visa discount. Hope you enjoy it half as much as we did.

1 Like

Departure Day :frowning:
Well that’s a wrap. Always sad to leave but DW is now definitely a Disney convert. Slept in so no early morning stroll. But we got lucky and snagged a late check-out by asking nicely at the front desk. Gave us enough time to sleep in a little, finish packing, plus time to hit the pools and hot tub and back to the room to shower and dry our swimsuits in the laundry room

![IMG_20210108_081918366|666x500] (upload://1EcTrS67BcEMJQ5dNWdoAaEUjmF.jpeg) The Mara was open for grab n go which it was not a few weeks ago. and the animals were out in plenty this morning As I said DW is now a convert and asked me last night to see about adding a night. She’s even talking about buying a condo and asked me to look into it. So if anyone knows of some good deals out there send me a PM. (Haha) I’m sure she’ll be aching to go back soon enough so we’ve decided our next trip will involve viewing properties.

We hit Zero parks this trip and I can honestly say I didn’t miss it. In fact it was DW who asked “aren’t we going to do a park?” We just had too much fun in the resorts, DS, and 192 and I-drive novelties that we didn’t really miss the parks. Hopefully next trip we’ll add a park or two.

14 Likes

Can’t believe it’s over! I am going January 27 (now) through February 1. One night at CSR, two nights at Jambo in a value, and two nights at BWV.

I am thinking about buying into DVC (resale). I love spending time at the resorts!

5 Likes

Good luck! I bet you would be a good candidate for this.

1 Like

I’ve been pondering too but honestly I’d want Cali. Maybe when they build the new one or resale.

1 Like

I am just catching up. Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I hope you get back again soon!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing! I never really thought about doing several resorts on a Disney vaca. The closest that I would say we did something like this was back in 2003 when the kiddos were younger (7 & 11). We stayed at the value resort for one or two days. I want to say Pop Century but I really don’t remember. LOL We then transferred to a fairly new resort called AKL! It was awesome and we stayed in a room that overlooked the savanna. (I know we wouldn’t be able to touch this type of room at today’s rate) The views were awesome and the kids liked eating breakfast out on the balcony and watching the animals. To this day I have very fond memories of that lodge!

2 Likes

Don’t count it out. I never thought we’d stay at GF or Poly but renting points was a game changer. For around $220 a night we stayed at both. A Savannah view studio can be had for under $200 these days. Our value studio at AKL was under $100 and we had a beautiful pool view. Plenty of places around the resort, and within a few minute walk, to take your breakfast/coffee and sit and watch the animals. We splurged for a Savannah view studio last month and literally saw no animals from our balcony. Mainly because we were in 5th floor and could only see the tops of the trees. There were animals but couldn’t see them. LoL.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see your waterslide videos :smile:

3 Likes

Glad you had another great trip!

So is OKW still your favourite or has CSR now taken that spot?