Okie's Trip Report

Love following along. Your AM approach is very similar to what i am planning in a little over 2 weeks, so I’m glad to hear it worked for you.

4 Likes

Day 2 sounds both amazing and exhausting. We have never been to UR. I know this is highly unusual but the kids just did not get into Harry Potter. I have heard what they have done there is amazing though.

I love your pictures and your hair is adorable!

7DMT is better at night and in the back. Great way to ride it for his first time.

Thanks for sharing.

5 Likes

Awesome Trip report @Okie .

We also loved Universal and I recommend it to anyone that has the time.

Looking forward to your next report.

BTW when my daughters got married I was a basket case. Partially excited partially sad over “losing” them. Now I few years later I am blessed because what really happened is I gained two great sons. (And I don’t pay for everything anymore)

Hope you have the same experience

7 Likes

Sounds like a great trip, Okie!!

5 Likes

You ole softie @stonecold - I love it! :heart:

6 Likes

Love reading about your adventure! It’s a nice break from reality! Thank you for sharing.

5 Likes

Your reports are really great! And love your pics too. Thanks for letting us follow along.

1 Like

You write really well @Okie!! I waited until I got home to read your first two installments because I wanted to really focus. :slight_smile: I can’t wait to read the rest.

3 Likes

Love your trip report @Okie, but I have to ask… Secret passageway behing Main Street?!? Never heard of that before!

This is a wonderful report! I am so glad to see the recent pics of WWoHP, as we are going in January (and that ONE DAY is costing us $420 for the three of us - yikes!). And as a mother of an only son, I am so, so happy to see you two enjoying this time together. I really hope as my boy grows we can have that same sort of relationship.

2 Likes

I am just reading this but am really happy I found it. Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. Sounds like a wonderful time!!

3 Likes

I want to know about this Main St. Passageway too, @oakie!

1 Like

@quiche and @JonMcIntosh - When I was at MK last week I exited during the fireworks on the Adventureland side. As you’re walking out of Adventureland, instead of taking the main path, you can turn left and walk in front of The Crystal Palace. During fireworks, cast members open up a Main Street behind-the-scenes bypass. It starts just next to the Crystal Palace, before you get to Casey’s Corner, and comes back out near the train station. It just walks you behind the row of shops on that side of Main Street. It was great! You don’t have to leave the park, but you also get to avoid the crowds on Main Street. I took that path, and then watched the last of the fireworks from the end of Main Street.

8 Likes

I didn’t know that there was one on the CP side. I’ve taken the one that goes roughly from Yony’s to the Plaza… When I last did it it was obviously an unfinished “backstage” area; I read somewhere that they were actually going to finish the byspass(es) off - not as much detail as MS, but still a “finished” guest area. Does anyone know if this has happened?

3 Likes

The one I walked through didn’t look finished at all. There were service vehicles and dumpsters back there, and the path was marked with cones. I vaguely remember reading that the backstage paths were part of the Hub re-do plan, so maybe it will happen later.

2 Likes

I didn’t know there was one on the CP side either! I have taken the other one from the Plaza to Tony’s and on July 3rd they sent us out by the Peoplemover.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry I haven’t finished this. Momentarily derailed by re-entry adjustments and life in general. I appreciate all the wonderful comments and look forward to reporting day 3 and 4 soon. PS the passageway we used went behind the left side of MS (if you’re facing the front of the park) right past Tomorrowland Terrace and ending behind the Chapeau, avoiding the mass of humanity on MS. It was glorious.

8 Likes

@Okie you get 7 more days to finish day 3 and 4 :smirk:

2 Likes