Okay, you ultra planners - show me your snack list!

I recently discovered the tasty samosas, falafel, and hummus at Mr. Kamal in AK. The place across from Mr. Kamal (which I can’t remember the name) also sells samosas. Yummy!

6 Likes

Oh! I was listening to last week’s WDW News Tonight podcast and they were trying the latest flavored popcorn! I guess I never realized they do packaged flavored popcorn S and those favors change! They were tasting churro popcorn!

3 Likes

Churro popcorn! Now that is a cause I can get behind! Never heard of that before.

1 Like

One of the snacks you don’t normally hear about but which is super delicious is the spear of pineapple dipped in chocolate. I never would have chosen that, but when my husband bought one and I took a bite, I loved it. So juicy and great flavors. A nice change from the cupcakes and frostings.

2 Likes

Ooooooh I’m gonna add this place to my list. <3 samosas!

1 Like

I would like to try that! Where is it?

I think this thread is making Davidyost hungry. :wink:

Some of us plan our calories (to make sure they’re worth the time we’ll spend on the treadmill), as well as our ride experiences.

We’re loyal to Mickey Bars, but I like the Mickey Ice Cream sandwich, too. My son is into the caramel popcorn as a mid-morning snack, as well.

Sorry for the delay in responding! You can definitely get it in the bakery at Magic Kingdom and I saw it at other bakeries in other parks as well. It’s usually in the window cases where all those individual chocolates and chocolate covered items are.

Thank you so much for asking this question! We head to WDW next weekend and I have been planning and prepping for months. LOL Since this is our first trip to WDW, it’s great to hear from everyone what snacks they have enjoyed…helps me know what’s worth those extra calories and what I can pass by without regrets! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Putting it on the must do list. Love chocolate and love pineapple.

OP, reporting back! Although I didn’t get to try everything I wanted to, I definitely got more snacks in than I expected to.
First, my favorite - thanks to @SallyEppcot, I knew about the Key Lime Tart in Sunshine Seasons.

I am so grateful, because it was darn good! And big enough to share. We ate lunch at Sunshine Seasons and it was one of our favorite CS all week. This was dessert and I wished I could go back and have it again!

Then, my second favorite - corn dog nuggets from Casey’s on Main Street. My DH and I made it into MK by ourselves and shared these as a snack, and then made sure to go back later in the week and eat them for a meal. Awesome. I don’t get corn dogs often enough and the nuggets were the perfect size!

I finally managed to get a Mickey ice cream bar, during the FOF parade, and it was exactly what I wanted - my kids shared a regular popcorn then.

I also finally developed a love for Dole Whip - the swirl with vanilla was perfect. I got sick at the end of our trip with a sore throat and boy, that swirl was the best medicine. To those who have tried it and aren’t fans, make sure you aren’t trying it straight pineapple, that was my mistake.

My DD7 ate a waffle with cinnamon sugar from Sleepy Hollow and loved it, that was her lunch when we had the corn dog nuggets, probably the most she ate all week!

Dessert in Epcot came when I had that sore throat, and I didn’t have much of an appetite. So instead of the cronut at Refreshment Port or ice cream in France that I had wanted to try, I went for chocolate mousse in France. It was very smooth and not too filling, so that worked well.

Last trip, I had seen some of the treats inside the Big Top tent in Fantasyland. Got back there this time and had a vanilla cake pop with marshmallow ears we also tried some of the chocolate chunk, dark and white chocolate chunk, or peanut butter and chocolate chunk cookies. They were all wonderful.

And, again, more of a dessert than a snack, we shared the Mickey Pants sundae at The Plaza and we all loved it. My daughter was excited about keeping the bowl!

6 Likes

This makes me so happy!! I really is a very good key lime tart. I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed it and the other snacks that you tried. I’m sorry about your sore throat though. Feeling sick and being in pain while you’re trying to have a good time is the worst. Thanks for coming back with a follow up!

Thanks! I love to read reports and follow-ups. Find out how things actually went. Hope your throat is all better!

Dig it UP!

You know what’s funny? I wasn’t so much trying to plan what snacks to get, but more curious about which ones I should be on the look out for that are uniquely Disney. Like, I LOVE me some Disney Churros. But I’ve never tried the Dole Whip, so it’s on my list. I was going to start a post but then thought, “you know, I bet there is already a thread” and I was right! Glad you got some delicious treats in!

1 Like

Loved hearing about what you managed to try. I’ve been avidly following this post, as a first timer on the DDP we will have lots of snack credits. I have possible snack/rest stops in my TP’s too.

I dug, I searched, it’s gone! Poof. Very sad.