OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

Re: Boba Fett latest episode. Itā€™s the same actor as Clone Wars and Bad Batch, therefore the same voice..

4 Likes

Right. I am glad they kept it for consistency.

2 Likes

It was pretty fantastic CGI :star_struck:

Having never seen any of the animated series, what do I need to know already about this guy? I guess his arrival wouldā€™ve been more exciting to the initiated. DH and I were just asking who the fox hat?

I had quite the outburst at the TV when Luke told Grogu he could only have one.

'Oh fuck off Lukeā€™ to quote directly :rofl::rofl:

@Jeff_AZ youā€™re probably best placed to help explain this to me. Why exactly canā€™t Din and Grogu say hello from time to time?? Ahsoka was being a total pita with her mind games and talking Mando out of going up to him. That and the end choice (and the training remote) all made me very sad for our little friend :green_heart:

That or Temuera only signed up for half the series :thinking::rofl:

4 Likes

I think whatā€™s happening here is we are getting a parallel of Yoda telling Luke not to go help his friends in Empire Strikes Back. Does Luke realize he is making a mistake (as I think Yoda was)? Or did he decide Yoda was right after his failure to defeat Vader the first time? In any case, it is unresolved, so we will be left to ponder this question and see if both Luke and Grogu can learn from the Jediā€™s previous mistakes, which is a huge theme of all of Star Wars!

5 Likes

Oh, and to more directly answer, according to the Jedi code, jedi arenā€™t supposed to make attachments. It is what caused Anakin to spiral into becoming Darth Vader. But we learn from this that the Jedi were wrong to not allow attachment. Itā€™s not attachment thatā€™s wrong - itā€™s the self-centered nature of that attachment that can destroy a personā€™s soul.

5 Likes

Thanks @Jeff_AZ. I knew I could count on you to understand and explain.
Itā€™s heartbreaking to watch though. I want to see that big Mando smile when they reunite!! :wink::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Oh and I also had a little sing song during the trainingā€¦

:notes:ā€™Run run run jump. I can be a backpack while you runā€™ :notes:

DH was delighted :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::rofl:

7 Likes

:rofl: I was so giddy during that part! No song but I wish I had your soundtrack for me while I watched! :joy:

4 Likes

Here ya goā€¦

Keep it handy for the rewatch.

I think the new footage calls for a remix though :+1:t2::laughing:

5 Likes

Oh, I know this song. I just didnā€™t recognize those specific words. :joy:

3 Likes

Could it beā€¦

Attachment leads to Fear. Fear leads to anger. Angers leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

5 Likes

Just finished and I am dying!! Stupid Luke!

Me too!!

Thanks for the seagulls! I just introduced DD19 to it and she loved it. :joy:

5 Likes

I was singing it on the way to school this morning. The kids were not amused :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

I was listening to a podcast about the episode today, and they suggested that the ā€œchoiceā€ is actually a ā€œtestā€ and that Grogu will actually get to keep both items.

5 Likes

I hope so! Actually, what you wrote yesterday about learning from the past made me wonder if this would be the case.

2 Likes

I also was thinking a lot about what you said last week about the rigidity of both the Mandalorian creed and the Jedi creed.

4 Likes

Yes, this is what I think is happening! Dave Filoni (who wrote and directed the episode) is very big on the lessons of Star Wars, the deeper meaning. It challenges the viewer, because of course we want everything to work out great for our characters. But it will make for a more fulfilling experience when we see the whole picture.

4 Likes

Totally. So many parallels going on with this. Obi Wan training Anakin, Yoda training Luke, and the related struggles and choices. Iā€™m also thinking about this within the context of the training that will go awry with young Ben in the not-so-distant future.

5 Likes

Oh! Question I meant to ask last nightā€¦

Is the school that was built in yesterdayā€™s episode the same place where Ben becomes Kylo?

4 Likes

From what I have been hearing, it is the start of the Jedi Training school that Kylo does attend, but it is not the location of the school we see in flashbacks from the movies.

4 Likes