OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

Another Wednesday, another episode of The Book of Boba Fett. I liked this one. Cunning diplomatic strategy, good action. Definitely some unexpected things - which makes these shows very intriguing to me! I’m not saying too much yet, until others have seen this episode but that Wookie! And the lizard! And the couple in the bar have names - if you dive deep or read spoiler/Easter egg articles.

1 Like

Another Wednesday, another episode - and Danny Trejo!!!

2 Likes

Finally got to Wednesday’s episode…

Did anyone else get power ranger vibes from the newly hired guns?

2 Likes

For some odd reason, they reminded me of cyberpunk low riders (which I have no idea what that would really be)..

2 Likes

Yes! And I totally loved it, BTW. I love a healthy dose of camp.

2 Likes

Loved ep2, but ep3 was awkward. Particularly the power rangers vespa riding cyberpunk gang felt really out of place and unecessary. That chase scene was very cringey too - it was like slow motion and the effects were mediocre quality - a step down from what we’ve seen in SW live action until now.

4 Likes

I loved the wookie scene, but I agree that the chase scene was really awkward. I just assumed that had to be doing it on purpose, though for what purpose, I may never know. I was like… they could probably run faster than those bikes are going right now.

4 Likes

I liked the concept / characters but the chase was very slow. I imagine it was just very difficult to achieve with the amount of practical effects they were trying to use. They could have done it all CGI but that wouldn’t necessarily be better.

3 Likes

I specifically came here because we just finished watching and I had to know if others felt like this.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: Why I had to stop watching!

3 Likes

That was the very end! You might as well finish so you know what the hook is for the next episode.

1 Like

I should clarify, I started browsing on my phone until the scene was over :joy:

3 Likes

I (finally) watched Rogue One. It was SO good. I have to watch it again. There was a lot going on and I’m sure I missed stuff. But a really interesting story.

We are enjoying Book of Boba Fett. Every night before bed my 7 year old wants to (re)watch an episode. Yay for tomorrow being Wednesday!

3 Likes

Jyn Erso is one of my favourite Star Wars Characters; Such a strong female lead!

4 Likes

We just watched today’s weekly episode (#4) of The Book of Boba Fett. Good stuff! As the one line description in D+ says, “Boba Fett partners with Fennec Shand.” Lots of good interaction between them, lots of backstory. I think I need to rewatch this series just to write down all the clever sayings, all the “wisdom” type of things.

2 Likes

I thought today’s episode was the best so far! There has been some weird / interesting stuff so far, but I’m really digging it!

3 Likes

Did you catch what that one bulldog-looking delegate said? “I abide.” DH promptly said, “The Dude abides!”

6 Likes

Ha ha!

2 Likes

Did you catch the music at the end?
As Fennec Shand said you could buy muscle if you knew where to look … They played a piece of the theme from The Mandalorian. Mando next week?

6 Likes

DH and I sure did catch that!! And had the same thought as you, but I think that won’t really happen until the last episode, week 7. There’s still some things to fill the gap, such as how Boba tracked down the armor, and is there more about Danny Trejo and his critter? Maybe Boba gets some of the others from Mandalore that left the enclave? . This series is really starting to ramp up!

2 Likes