OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

I won’t know till 9:15pm! Ha ha! It’s late for us. But I’ll be sure to post here when I know (hopefully you’ll be asleep by then).

2 Likes

Oh right you live in another world time-wise.

I guess I’ll find out tomorrow

3 Likes

As most probably saw, there’s a Teaser for Obi-Wan on Disney+.

The teaser does spoil some plot lines though, so …be warned.

8 Likes

It was Rogue One! Just as I hoped and predicted. All of the Star Wars films are my favorite occasionally, but this one just hits all the right notes for me. Great one to see on the big screen again.

There are more showings this weekend if anyone is interested in checking it out. It’s a special with AMC theaters.

13 Likes

I can’t remember now what it spoiled apart from telling us that Hayden would be reprising his role :pensive: That’s a major spoiler, in that his terrible acting could spoil the whole show :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

All the hoorays!

3 Likes

Whoops I had to retract my heart for this part. Hayden elevates everything he’s in and I will not be taking questions at this time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Here are the pics I posted on Instagram for those who don’t follow me there. They gave out a free poster to everyone who came.

Also here’s me using the Grogu filter on MDE:

17 Likes

I can’t believe for someone so knowledgeable and appreciative of Star Wars how wrong you can be on this point :face_with_monocle::face_with_raised_eyebrow::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I got excited for a minute, but there are no AMC theaters near me :sob:

3 Likes

Perhaps my love of Star Wars allows me to overlook its occasional flaws. :wink:

4 Likes

This might be the first time I’m not on the exact same page as Jeff on something SW related :smile:

4 Likes

Ok here’s my short defense of Hayden:

Anakin in Episode II was given some impossibly cheesy dialogue. Sir Alec Guinness himself could not have made it sound less than ridiculous. One of the only flaws I will admit of George Lucas is his cheesy dialogue. Lucas’s other flaw is directing actors in such a way to get a good, emotional performance from them. Someone needed to tell Hayden to change something, and apparently that didn’t happen.

By contrast, in Revenge of the Sith, there is only maybe one or two lines that are wooden or overly melodramatic. Almost every other scene is spot on.

In any case, I’ve seen the prequels dozens of times and Hayden is now a member of my family, so to speak. I’m intensely forgiving of my family’s shortcomings and am fiercely defiant if anyone else tries to criticize them. Hayden is Anakin. These movies are important to me. I’m willing to overlook the flaws.

/soapbox

8 Likes

Look what DMiL ordered for DS. I can’t wait to play with it…. Uhhh I mean I can’t wait for DS to build them and play with them.

Baby Grogu :heart_eyes:

15 Likes

In a Christmas sweater! And the Razor Crest with Christmas lights! I love it! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

This trailer posted in December popped up on my Youtube suggested list yesterday - somehow I missed the original release of this new show info. I really liked Rogue One, looking forward to this!

7 Likes

Great. I just ordered this and the Harry Potter advent calendar. I can’t even pass them off as Christmas gifts, because the point is to open them leading up to Christmas!

2 Likes

There’s also a Marvel advent calendar! We got that one for the boys this year. They’ve had Star Wars and Harry Potter in past years.

3 Likes

Yes, DD19 has one of the Star Wars ones. Don’t tempt me with the Marvel! That would have been for DD21’s boyfriend and I’m not ready to welcome him into the fold to that extent. :rofl:

5 Likes

We’ve got that this year. It looks super cool :sunglasses::zap::zap:

Is it ok to have a countdown until you start your Christmas countdown?? :thinking::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes