OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

Also I found this and I’m getting it.

14 Likes

Love!

Thanks for the suggestions on Clone wars, I might pick up on this too

1 Like

U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit Court has ruled that as a matter of law, Disney’s THE LAST JEDI was “mediocre and schlocky.”

1 Like

Wha?

1 Like

@Randall1028 now has the backing of the US Court of Appeals.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

High ground!

2 Likes

Clone Wars movie: talk to me about why the main city buildings are emblazoned with “A” everywhere. I also feel like I’ve seen this elsewhere recently, if not in a trip report from ROTR then perhaps in one of the Clone Wars series episodes??

If it’s a spoiler, just tell me you can’t tell me.

And if I’m seeing things tell me that too. I’d screen cap to show you what I mean but screen caps are blacked out on Disney+

2 Likes

I don’t recall ever taking note of that so I assume it is either something subtle (and could be a nod to some inside joke or bit of trivia) or something big that just isn’t clicking for me based on your description. :joy:

1 Like

So as not to hijack your trip report @Jeff_AZ I am posting this in my own thread :smiley:

So last night I went down the rabbit hole of reading allllllllllllllllllll about Mace Windu. Yes, I know who he is from the films and I recall his role in some major plot development. But having watched just the once I definitely did not know him as well as I wanted to. Now that I’ve read his wookiepedia bio, I definitely see how I am a Mace Windu-esque kind of gal.

• Right things are right and there is not a lot of gray area

• No tolerance for BS

• A respect for the dark side even seeing all of the wrong in it

So it may very well be purple. But, like you, a different crystal may call to me in the moment. We’ll see. I feel like Red is solidly out - cannot support the dark side. I feel like I could never pick Green - equate myself with Yoda I cannot. But Blue has some badass folks associated with it (Obi-Wan, Rey) and I’m not sure I’m worthy of that either.

Looking forward to the experience a whole lot though in any case!

11 Likes

Maybe you are an Ahsoka Tano kinda’ Jedi.

Maybe you a skilled duelist like Ahsoka and need to carry two light sabres. You could go with the classic green she wielded or the plasma white used during the uprising.

So many choices…look deep inside…the right choice will come to you.

4 Likes

I’ve only seen the first 3 movies (which I liked) and the first set of prequels, from the 90s (which I didn’t like). I was excited however to see Mandalorian b/c I’ve heard so many good things, and b/c baby Yoda is cute. However, I didn’t get through 15 min of the first ep before getting bored enough to turn it off. I’m assuming it gets better? Is there some other movie(s) that I must see before understanding it? Sorry this is sort of off the subject, but I thought everyone commenting here might be able to give a bit of advice.

2 Likes

You should watch at least till the end of the first episode. If it doesn’t catch your interest, it’s probably not your thing. I do think it gets better after the first episode, but it’s basically the same sort of thing.

3 Likes

Agreed with Jeff. It does progress, but a bit slowly. I would watch a few episodes though. Personally, I was hooked on watching it after a few episodes, but did enjoy season 2 a bit more.

4 Likes

I loved Mando! I think it did take me a full episode or maybe a little more to get hooked. Keep watching.

5 Likes

Hologram communications = galactic FaceTime :laughing:

3 Likes

Not SW related, but saw this this morning and thought if you, @OBNurseNH:

9 Likes

I was finally able to get a scene up on my big tv this morning and take a pic. Here is what I am seeing:

Am I seeing something that isn’t really “there”? It just seemed so intentional. Though in that last pic it looks more like triangles than “A”

2 Likes

Yeah, it doesn’t mean anything. Just “simple and cheap wall texture” for a 3D cartoon.

3 Likes