OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

True. And actually, we left the last two episodes to watch as a double bill, so there would’ve been a couple of weeks between them for us.

3 Likes

I highly recommend watching The Gallery Mandalorian Season 1 before you watch season 2 of the show. It provides so much rich back story to season 1. Seeing it before watching season 2 made me appreciate and see details in season 2 that I probably would have missed.

5 Likes

Interesting.

Okay, where do I find that? Just search it?

I am appreciating all of these helpful hints.

2 Likes

you can search it on disney+. It’s officially called “Disney Gallery - Star Wars: The Mandalorian”

2 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes

I haven’t noticed this before either but all the artwork featured from the end credits is actual concept art by the Lucasfilm art department. They probably assign certain artists to work on each episode so you’d expect a slightly different style for each piece / collection of pieces.

I follow Phil Szostak on Twitter - he works in the department and wrote the book “The Art of Star Wars: the Mandalorian” (among other similar titles for other films) and he usually tweets out the art after each episode. I don’t recall him saying anything about a change in style specifically, so I’m thinking it’s just the artist.

2 Likes

P.S. Here’s an example of a tweet he does after each episode:

https://twitter.com/philszostak/status/1224054615215206400?s=21

Also I went back and looked at which artists he said did Chapter 6 vs. Chapter 7. There are a couple differences. I’m wondering which pieces stood out to you because Doug Chiang has a very distinct style.

The end credits of #TheMandalorian Chapter 6: The Prisoner, directed by Rick Famuyiwa, features concept art by Nick Gindraux, Ryan Church, Jama Jurabaev, Christian Alzmann, Brian Matyas, and David Hobbins.

The credits for Deborah Chow’s incredible #TheMandalorian Chapter 7: The Reckoning feature concept art by Nick Gindraux, Doug Chiang, Christian Alzmann, Brian Matyas, and Ryan Church from the Lucasfilm art department, my team.

2 Likes

Just what I said above. The artwork from the earlier episodes was softer and flatter somehow. The last few of the season were brighter and more bold color wise, and some looked more realistic. One of Mando in particular was very real-life in appearance.

2 Likes

Episode one I was blasé. Two I was intrigued. Three I was obsessed.

Four and Eight were my favorites. I agree about the Nurse Week pin.

I did notice the difference, but I haven’t gotten past the Composer episode of the Disney Gallery to find out yet.

We also are being very careful here with not giving away too much with an entire season to go. When you’re done, I have a feeling there might be some chatter about your thoughts previously on four (which I certainly had as well, and I’m assuming others did too).

3 Likes

My Leia shirt just arrived and one of the kids brought the package in. Everyone was around. They asked what I got.

I told them I felt a little out of place with no SW shirt so I asked my forum friends to help me pick one out. I said, “It seems okay, I guess. She is the main girl so that’s good.”

They all laughed. I said, “Why are you laughing?”

They said, “It’s just so funny how clueless you are. Calling her ‘the main girl’ :rofl:

Haha guys. Joke’s on you. 51 days to WDW, 53 to SWGE

21 Likes

Brilliant :joy:

4 Likes

That is hilarious! Their minds are going to explode when the big reveal happens!

5 Likes

Well played, madam, well played. :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

This – feels like a softer “lens”, flatter, more muted:

Vs this - feels “real life,” sharper, bolder coloring:

or this, which is actually less “real life” looking but harder lines, if that makes sense:

It may just be that these are just different artists each with a slightly different style or approach to the same subject.

5 Likes

Yea, that first one definitely has more grunge to it. I wonder if the subtle changes were intentional, like they were with the artwork for Wandavision

2 Likes

I just came across an old note I made in my phone about a recommended watch order from the biggest SW fans I know(knew until you crazy kids!).

He recommended 4,5,2,3,6 then presumably 7,8,9 but I hadn’t noted that down for some reason. By then the food came out and I got distracted.

Anyone here hear of or have thoughts on that order? Is that the spaghetti order?

2 Likes

That is the original Machete Order. The theory is that you introduce the characters, end on the cliffhanger of “I am your father,” then go back and find out who “your father” is - skipping the unnecessary Episode I (the guy who came up with the Machete Order didn’t like The Phantom Menace, especially Jar Jar). Then you end with the redemption arc in Return of the Jedi.

The Machete Order was created before the sequel trilogy was released, so it is silent on that point.

3 Likes

Dying!

Watching SNL. 10pm is the repeat hour. Adam Driver is hosting. The Randy the Intern skit was just on. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

You know that ridiculous idea early in Covid for people to "scream inside their hearts " on roller coasters at Disney parks? I understand it now because I am laughing hysterically inside my heart so as to keep up the “I don’t get this” ruse

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::upside_down_face:

10 Likes

Such a great episode. I :heart: him!

1 Like

I love that one so much! We often rewatch it

1 Like