OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

I am not a fan. I hate this whole thing. It’s all awful.

Also, is it possible to build droids and lightsabers on every day of one’s trip? Asking for a friend.

16 Likes

Disney will happily take your money, young Padawan

that said, tougher to get in Savi’s than Droid Depot

3 Likes

My FRIEND’S money.

5 Likes

FTFY

3 Likes

@OBNurseNH inspired by your Quest, I just completed re-watching all 11 of the (current) Star Wars movies with Rogue One my 11th.

I think it is the best. And I love 4-6.

Promise me you will watch it.

5 Likes

I will watch it. At the rate I’m
Going I considered rewatching 456 after 123 before moving to 789 but decided for the moment to
Get to 789 first. I will watch Rogue One. But what is #10??

4 Likes

Solo!

2 Likes

Okay so 789, Solo, Rogue One?

3 Likes

That works. Solo takes place before Rogue One and it would be better to end on RO than Solo. (Or rewatch Episode IV after both. :wink:)

3 Likes

Correct. And, not for nothing, but I’m enjoying so much re-experiencing the saga through your posts here. Even my husband is enjoying the updates. I feel like 7, 8, and 9 are fairly divisive for people so looking forward to your thoughts. Especially watching them all for the first time in such proximity to the originals.

4 Likes

I started 7 this morning. It is already really different. I didn’t get very far in yet, but I’m hoping we find some familiar faces here pretty quickly otherwise this will definitively answer the question of whether I’d have liked 1,2,3 without knowing and being invested in the characters from 4,5,6 (a resounding no).

I was reading through my notes from 4,5,6,1,2,3 a bit ago and enjoying my own journey through them retrospectively.

Edited: in fairness, it’s far more easy for me to enjoy the movies when it feels “safe” that I won’t get caught. This morning being Easter I expected DS to be up earlier than usual so I was on edge (he was up earlier, and I was glad I quit while I was ahead).

7 Likes

OMG I’m so excited on your behalf.

(Also nervous. I hope you like it.)

5 Likes

yes, and story lines, themes, meaning

2 Likes

Thank goodness. I was happy to see our garbage space ship. I hope she learns to fly it better though.

7 Likes

Awesome!

I’m one of those who really enjoyed 7-9.

5 Likes

Last night was Rogue One for us. Trying to get DS12 familiar with the story, but I’m pretty sure we screwed it up by not starting with 4,5,6.

He was confused pretty much all of it, but he did say he enjoyed it, even though he had no idea what was actually happening most the time.

This is a really interesting revelation.

I forget that 1,2,3 came out SO much later than 4,5,6. It’s really easy to say one should start with 1,2,3 while the person expressing that statement has already seen the “main story arc” of 4,5,6.

To me, 1,2,3 was written with the bias of already knowing 4,5,6. As such, unknown nuances or “Easter eggs” are put in to reward viewers for waiting 20 years to finish the saga. Also, if you do start with 1,2,3…the entire “Luke, I am seriously, is there anyone left who HASN’T seen it” loses the gut punch we all experienced 40-ish years ago.

But now, @OBNurseNH, hopefully you have a clearer understanding why release date vs. chronological order is such a hot topic and why we debated it for 500-ish posts.

5 Likes

:joy::joy: at your blur

3 Likes

@OBNurseNH are you planning on going to Oga’s during your trip? Have you been yet?

2 Likes
  1. Yes
  2. No (have not been to SWGE at all)
4 Likes

ack!!! It’s going to be so much for for you!!! I’m more excited for your trip than I am my own I think :slight_smile:

4 Likes