OK Fellow Canadians, Paying in WDW Parks and Resorts

So how successful have you been using a Cdn debit card in WDW?

Sorry, I have never tried!

I have used Mexican credit cards with no problem whatsoever in all my trips amiga. My guess is Canadian cards are better and you won’t have any problems at all!

2 Likes

Does it have the Visa or Mastercard logo? If so, there should be no problem.

2 Likes

I’m a fellow Canadian who just used my debit card in various Vegas locations and Disneyland with no issues. I think as long as it has that Interac logo you should be okay?

1 Like

Will you be charged a foreign transaction fee at point of use? I know that happens for the majority of UK debit cards.

We use a Caxton fx card, which we load online in $US but using our U.K. debit card. That way we just get charged a single transaction fee at loading rather than a set minimum of $5 per transaction.

1 Like

Or you could look for a credit card with no foreign transaction fee, mine has saved me a lot over the years!

2 Likes

Never tried. I have a Scotiabank Passport Visa that has no Foreign Exchange Fees so I strictly use that.

1 Like

I have had success. It also helps if it also doubles as a visa debit card.

We tend to stick to our CC for transactions. We get money back on transactions that help pay for the next Trip. We also like the added protection of a CC when travelling. It allows us to not worry about people skimming the card while on vacation. The CC company will reimburse you for that. With a debit card, I am not sure how willing they are to reimburse if your card is skimmed.

1 Like

That’s a good point.

NYCE & Interac

According to NYCE, Interac debit cards from most Canadian banks can be used at any US retailer that accepts NYCE debit transactions. Notably absent are CIBC and BMO.

Recommend you check fees in advance with your bank.

1 Like