OI Meetup Trip Report

It’s still a steady drizzle. We walked over to Diagon Alley and are popping through the stores for a bit.

Just missed the Hogwarts Express so waiting on the next train or it would have been a walk on. Gonna grab a beer at Hogshead while we wait for the rain to clear up a bit more.

2 Likes

Note: Toon Amphitheater has individual bottles. They are down to Coke and water. There was also sprite and Diet Coke earlier.

Our wing service was slightly delayed but we had plenty.

2 Likes

That’s good to know. The freestyle is nice for the variety, but would also be nice to be able to throw a bottle in the backpack.

Not too upset about the chicken, we can try them tomorrow and honestly I just wanted something small so I could save room for the good stuff later.

2 Likes

Looks like rain is gonna hang around for a while more, so next stop will be knocking out the indoor rides around IOA. Have a feeling Hagrid’s will be a long line once it’s finally able to open so may need to wait til tomorrow, which isn’t a huge deal.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up it’s running. We hit the Hogsmeade station just as it “closed”. They saw our wristbands and waived us into the express pass lane.

2 Likes

Walked on to Cat in the Hat, Dr Doom and Dudley Do Right. Then spent some time getting dry in the people dryer and changing into dry socks. It feels good to at least be like 70% dry.

Grabbed a churro now that foods open and on to Kong.

3 Likes

Grabbed first butterbeer of the evening and now on to Forbidden Journey.

5 Likes

FJ was another walk on and we are hopping back over to US on the Hogwarts Express again. Also a walk on, just waiting for the next train.

Hagrid’s had posted 60, so we are going to wait til later in the evening or tomorrow.

Three Broomsticks and the Butterbeer cart outside it had decently long lines as we went by. What I hear is that those are pretty busy early into the exclusive hours but clear out some as the evening goes.

3 Likes

Rode MIB twice (both walkons) and then Simpsons which I never plan to do again. It’s a million degrees in there and definitely made me nauseous. Next up is some food. Little bit of a line for the Taco Truck so I’m hopping in that while my sister goes in to Cletus’s Chicken Shack.

3 Likes

Tacos took less than 10 minutes and chicken and waffles was a walk up

6 Likes

Had first non-walk on of the night with The Mummy which took a whole 5 minutes. And then our car stopped right before the exit for about 15 minutes and we were evacuated off the ride. That’s a first.

3 Likes

Finished up rides on Gringotts which was another walk-on. Explored around Diagon Alley a bit. Restaurants/counter service closed at 11:30 (meet up ends at 12:30)

5 Likes

Two more rides on MIB, a churro and a drink and we are heading out a few minutes early. Worn out but ready to do it all over again tomorrow!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Came up to the top of the parking deck and it started to downpour so we got one more run through the rain to get to the car. Just got back to the hotel and going to sleep hard tonight.

3 Likes

Well another less than ideal turn of events…the fire alarm went off at the hotel at 7:30am. So we are just standing outside now waiting for some kind of update.

2 Likes

They’ve let us back in, not sure what the culprit was. I do regret requesting a high floor now since there’s obviously massive lines for the elevator. 6 flights of stairs and back to sleep.

3 Likes

Wow that’s awful! I’m so sorry.

2 Likes