Oh the weight of GUILT!

Just bring them back something fun. It worked for our dad! (Plus he would learn/do things he could show us the next time!)

1 Like

You should not feel guilty about reconnecting as a couple. You just happen to be doing it in a place the kids like as well

1 Like

I totally get this. We are empty nesters and I STILL feel guilty not taking my adult kids when we go.

We usually go with my brother and his family, but my DH and I did a trip with just the 2 of us in Feb. I can honestly say that it’s so much more fun with a bigger group. I love the excitement of the kids, and I love having more people around so that if one person is having a grumpy moment he/she can sulk at the back of the pack for a bit, and then join up when they are ready. When there were just 2 of us, it put a serious damper on things if either one of us was feeling less than excited.

1 Like

Your kids might surprise you. My sister in law and her DH have just been on a couples trip without their two girls (9 and 11). The girls were absolutely fine - they just wanted one Disney present each.

Mind you, when we found out they were planning this I asked DD (then 4) how she would feel if mummy and daddy were to go to Disney without her. She was quiet for a while and then said she would put herself up for adoption. I didn’t even realize she knew what that was! :joy:

1 Like

Maybe she had visions of Mickey and Minnie adopting her? That’s so cute.