Oh Bob..... this explains alot

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2022-01-19/disney-ceo-bob-chapeks-pay#:~:text=Bob%20Chapek’s%20compensation%20increased%20to,bonuses%20to%20its%20top%20leaders.

These sorts of reports really irritate me.

No hearts for that :heart_decoration: :angry:

4 Likes

Honestly,
here they are nickel and dime-ing us to death and they’re making fat bonuses. I read more and more of these stories in the news weekly. So many people getting rich through covid, and raising prices and blaming it on “inflation”.
Capitalism at work…

11 Likes

FUCK YOU CHAPEK
AND ALL YOUR SHITTY MINIONS IN SUITS!

26 Likes

DH says this all the time :nerd_face:

2 Likes

On what planet is one’s “bonus” 10 times their salary?

(Earth, apparently)

8 Likes

Amen!

2 Likes

No problem with someone making what they’re legally allowed to and what the market dictates, but yeah, this is at least bad optics when there are so many things lacking and not up to standards with Disney at the moment.

6 Likes

Yeah. I was thinking about that amd realized 1) I have no idea how these incentives packages work and 2) Disney had the worst performance of any Dow stock in 2021. I get why they had a bad year, I just don’t get the incentives in a year like that.

I include Iger in this too.

4 Likes

Fair points. I guess D+ subscriptions have done well enough for the board to justify this? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I personally think it’s BS that anyone is allowed to make this type of money off the backs of underpaid workers who are putting themselves in harm’s way each and every day under incredibly strenuous and unprecedented conditions. It’s ridiculous that bonuses didn’t go to CMs and instead went to management. Over and over again, throughout the past two years, we’ve seen pandemic profiteering and poor treatment of our labor work force (and don’t even get me started on unpaid labor) while people are legally allowed to exploit the folks who keep things running. Legality itself if for sale. Smh. Yuk.

22 Likes

This is why CEOs taking a “pay cut” is disingenuous. Most of their income isn’t from their paycheck.

11 Likes

It is greed and it is repulsive.

15 Likes

This 100%.

So many companies are raising prices on goods and claiming inflation or increasing wages, all while pocketing giant bonuses and ceo salaries.
It was good to see quite a few unions standing up to it this year.

9 Likes

If the bad press hurt their bottom line, this wouldn’t happen. Trouble is, it doesn’t.

8 Likes

DOUBLES?!

2 Likes

It’s not capitalism, it’s Neo-Liberal capitalism. Check out Nick Hanauer’s Ted Talk if you haven’t heard his arguments already. Companies are operating on the false premise that the contributions of the execs are worth exponentially more than the workers - and that’s absurd.

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing the Ted Talk topic. Fun quote from it:

Rule four: greed is not good. Being rapacious doesn’t make you a capitalist, it makes you a sociopath.

10 Likes

If that makes you sick, find out from his contract what his “exit” pay would be.

2 Likes

Golly gee, Walter Elias is reported to have only spent about $400 million to build the whole place in Orlando to begin with.

I wouldn’t be surprised if all these hubris minions in suits (love that description) descendants are extracting that much a year from the business on themselves now.

4 Likes