Oga’s Cantina - kids?

Any thoughts on whether Oga’s cantina is a place that is worth visiting with kids? I am not really worried that they serve alcohol, I am more interested in knowing if it is a good experience.

My DS13 really enjoyed it—we went twice. He loved the fun drinks especially the carbon freeze.

1 Like

When I went, I was like my niece would love this! Taking her in January (she’ll be 6) The non- alcoholic drinks are fun & delicious.

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking how long did you stay?

The first time about 30 minutes and the second time about 45-50 minutes. We got a table the second time so we hung out a bit longer.

How old are your kids? Be aware that most people end up standing, either at the bar or at high-top tables. Those tables hold about 8, so you will be put with strangers. There are some large curved booths around perimeter, people looked a bit crowded together. No guarantee you will get to sit.

2 Likes

It’s great for kids. The drinks are weird and cool and plenty of nonalcoholic ones. The robot DJ is very cute. We were sat at a table with another family with smaller kids than ours and everyone had a good time. My kids range in age from 13 to 7. It was really a highlight of the trip.

1 Like

went with kids range 4-17. we had to stand. non-booze drinks were fun for kids. they took turns walking around the bar. glad we did it. it was fun, unique theming.

2 Likes

One thing to remember is that this isn’t a very long experience like the sit down meals can be. You could do the whole thing in less than a half hour if you really wanted too.

1 Like

We took our 8 year old and she loved it. We stayed long enough to get two drinks each for mom and dad and she loved picking out a non-alcoholic drink. We were starving so we tried the charcuterie board and she even eat a bunch of of that! I will mention though that she is a bit of a foodie and very adventurous. We were seated in a booth with two other parties. One was a group of 4 and the other a group of 2. We aren’t really into chatting with strangers so I was afraid it was going to be really weird, but it wasn’t at all. They were all very nice and it was fun chatting about our day with other Disney lovers.

1 Like

The atmosphere is 100% great for kids. They try to seat families with kids at a table but there’s no guarantee - you might end up standing, or waiting longer if you insist on having a table. Don’t plan to go at a time when everyone is tired and grumpy.

It was not great for my DS7 and DS10. We were at a high-top table and my youngest could barely see over the table. They are both picky eaters. DS7 ordered apple juice, which they have, but it’s not on the menu. DS10 ordered some food that came in a Petri dish and resembled Jello. He had one bite and was done. They kept bringing more and more people to squeeze into our table and the boys were jostled quite a bit as the new people tried to fit in at the table.

1 Like

I’m betting it was Oga’s Obsession. We got it when we went. It was cotton candy flavored Jello with little “Pearls” on top of it. It was really good.

Also, the carbon freeze was really good too. The blurgfire (or however you spell it) was not. Do not get that. I repeat - DO NOT get the Blurgfire.

3 Likes

Yes, I believe that was it. Neither of my boys would eat it.

We just took our 5 year old on 12/12 and it was pretty boring for him. He was mildly entertained by the DJ and he is pretty picky so he didnt want to try any of the drinks. We were able to sit at a table and they had 2 other parties sit with us too which ended up being fun for us adults.

1 Like

Up vote for oga’s obsession for kids ages 4-17 - all of the them like it. Carbon freeze was fun too. the bubbling is really neat.

2 Likes