Oga reservation with child under 3

We were lucky to get an Oga’s reservation for 2 people on our trip…but we have a 2 year old. Since it’s mostly standing room, would they allow us to keep the reservation if my husband holds him?

1 Like

They may or may not since restaurants have capacity limits due to Covid. Try using reservation finder to pick up a reservation for 3 if you can. Or talk to the CM outside ahead of time to see what they can work out for you.

2 Likes

Thanks! We’re using the finder to see if we can get one for 3, but reservations are so hard to find these days!

1 Like

We have been in Ogas’s 5 or 6 times.
I am not sure if it has been pure luck or not, but we have always had our 9 and 10 year old with us and have alwyas gotten a table and didnt have to stand.

Pre Covid they made us share a table with 2 other parites, it was ridiculus. But they are very large, and party of 3 may not get seated at a table.I have seen small parties, mom and dad, with a small child standing.

I would request a table cause of your toddler.
Good luck!

The bigger issue is that they don’t have kiddo on the reservation. Because of occupancy limits, they may not be able to just add kiddo in the day of.

2 Likes

Its a non issue. We have shown up with more guests then reservation seats a half a dozen times, never once had a issue. I think the bigger issue is standing at 4 foot high top for 45 minutes with a toddler. There is no chairs at the high tops or the bar.

Just to confirm, that’s since Covid re-opening?

1 Like

Yes, has not been issue. Its been a few months since it happend, becuase we have been avoiding the crowds the last several months. But for sure, twice in the last six months, as i think back.

1 Like

And I know people who have been told that they cannot add people on. Especially when going from an even number to an odd number because that is a different sized table.

It’s great that you haven’t been told no, but it can happen so to say that it’s 100% no problem is setting false expectations.

1 Like

While it would be great to get a consistent answer, at least @jilldct03 knows all hope is not lost if unable to get a reservation for 3. Try for that, but know to go ahead and ask. I would hope in this particular instance, they’d grant some pixie dust if at all possible, but not a sure thing.

1 Like

Oga’s doenst have any two top tables, they are all larger.

Oh, is everyone seated now? They just had us stand at the bar when we were there pre-Covid.

No, they still have people standing at the bar and hightops. You just dont share.
The hightops hold at least 4 adults.

1 Like

You could also try to get a reservation for 1 for just your son. We have an upcoming breakfast reservation for 3 of us, and another person has been added to our trip so in addition to trying to modify our 3 to 4, I am also checking for a reservation for 1 around the same time. The table itself isn’t our issue, since a table for 3 will also fit 4, but the capacity in the building is limited due to covid.

1 Like

Oh, interesting! We’ll also try that because we have the perfect time right now. Thanks!

1 Like