Offsite Accommodations and fees, amenities, commuting

Hey all. I have my 2nd AP and really, really want to go back to Disney NOW!:round_pushpin:

Trying to convince husband, (we have dd18, dd17, dd15, ds13)-- we have always stayed onsite-- but that has involved buying 2 (moderate) rooms and I’d like to try something less expensive-- I won’t have to pay to park at Disney (with the AP)-- so that won’t come into play.

Also, the places can just hold 4 as well, sometimes I travel without dh and dd18. Thanks.

Many of you have mentioned great off site places to stay.
I’d love to hear about them please.

Especially-- Do they have:

*resort fee? :house:

*parking fee? :car:

*internet fee? :electric_plug:

*accommodations and amenities :tropical_drink:

*how long does it take to drive to the parks? :monorail:

[I’ve read UG, and forum but I’m not getting the full picture and/or specifics for me]

I will absolutely appreciate the wisdom/advice-- thanks! :smile: :ok_woman:

(I am/was hoping the extra pictures will draw attention-- thank you)

1 Like

Did you see this recent TP blog post? Testing Budget Hotels Near Walt Disney World | TouringPlans.com Blog

1 Like

Thanks, no, I had not seen that.
But the first 3 given-- might be too sketchy for me with the kids alone

1 Like

We’ve used VRBO no less than 4 times and we’ve never been disappointed. There are so many homes to choose from and some of them are very close to the parks. The ones we’ve chosen have had 3-4 bedrooms with a private pool, free wi-if and many of them have their own game rooms with a pool table, ping pong table and more. We’ve also stayed on property and much prefer to have the space of a house over a hotel-style room. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

We like renting a home with several bedrooms. There are some in nearby Davenport (10 mins by car) with 5 bedrooms that are between $1000-$2000 for the whole week. They aren’t luxury hotels, but they have private pools (pay for the heat - extra $150) and they are clean. Check out the Homeaway site and see if anything fits your needs.

That said, we drive, so we’re not renting a car. We pay for Disney parking, but that’s minimal compared to what we save by not staying on site. Also, there are Publix grocery stores nearby, as well as a Target at the Posner Shopping mall (I4 and Hwy27), so you can buy your own food and save on some of your meals. There are, of course, also fast food places, if you want that.

Let me know if you want more details.

1 Like

We stay at the Sheraton Vistana Resort, they have 1 and 2 bedroom villas that are very reasonable. No resort or parking fees, they have complimentary wireless in your room but it was just OK, worked fine for phones but if you need to work it may not be adequate (they do have a business center though). The villas have full kitchens and laundry. 3 restaurants and bars, 7 pools, a marketplace, and 3 gyms. If you forgo housekeeping they offer you free breakfast every day. Driving to the parks was so easy, 5 min to EP and DHS, just under 10 to TTC and AK. We love it there!

1 Like

Thank you!

Thanks!

Recently stayed at the Embassy Suites on Kyng’s Heath Rd. for a conference (it was the “host hotel”).

Bedroom/living room set up with smack kitchen. All indoor hall access. Sleeps at least 3, maybe 4 if the sofa in the LR pulls out. I was solo, so didn’t check. No resort fee, but the “usual” room taxes… Free parking. They have a pool; it’s a basic rectangle with no slides, but it’s filled with water and has a little bit of landscaping. Less than 10 min easy drive to World Drive entrance to WDW. I made it from hotel parking lot to MK parking gate in 15 min. Walmart nearby as well as lots of fast food. BEST PART: Free FULL breakfast buffet every AM and free happy hour every evening (large selection of munchies, and free - alcoholic - drinks). Don’t remember if there was an internet fee or not; I stay in too many hotels to keep all of those details straight in my head. Again, I don’t remember exact numbers, but it priced out at about the same as a Disney value resort, but was about double the room size, had indoor room access, and free food twice a day.

http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/embassy-suites-by-hilton-orlando-lake-buena-vista-south-MCOLKES/index.html

If I ever decide to go to WDW and stay off-site, I would definitely stay there again.

1 Like

We just stayed at Sheraton Vistana Villages with 8 people and had a great time. There were no extra fees and we had a full kitchen and laundry. Driving time was ~15 min to the parks. There is also the Vistana Resort which is closer and sleeps up to 6 people.

I forgot to mention that both mousesavers.com and allears.com have really good rates for both.

Thanks. The deals at mousesavers always look/sound good.

Parking and Resort fees---- those are the ones that are so $problomatic.
$24 daily resort fee (which is $27 with tax added-- wow) and $18 self parking and then tax on that too! That can really add up quickly.

The B Resort— mousesavers has a deal with no resort fee— still have to pay parking :frowning:
So, who has stayed at the B Resort— it certainly “looks” good. It says it has it’s own shuttle every 30 minutes, is that what you experienced?

thanks all

Windsor Hill is close, very nice, and gated for safety. I own a Town home there and give discounts to Liners. My Website is www.parkhopperparadise.com. Mention your a liner in the comment section of contact us.

no resort fees at Windsor Hills, wifi is included as well. no parking fee either, you will park right in front of our home in the driveway.

we can drive to any Disney parking lot in 10 minutes or less. I even know a back door to AK so 5 or less there.