2 Likes

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Yay! Congratulations!

1 Like

Woohoo!

Congratulations and Welcome Home!

1 Like

Random question: I’ve seen mentions of specific week ownership. Can someone explain to me what the benefits / limitations are of owning a specific week?

Benefit is if you want the guaranteed week you get it. You’re not tied to it if you don’t.

I don’t know if they still sell that? It spikes your price and is typically related to holiday time.

1 Like

Ok so the owners paid a premium to have a certain week at a certain villa type guaranteed, but if they don’t want to use it then they can swap out for regular points?

1 Like

Yes. I think this was popular with Copper Creek? So that you would be guaranteed your Christmas week. (Which isn’t really always a given for small resorts at peak times.)

2 Likes

Are you seeing someone trying to sell a fixed week? Just curious!

2 Likes

It just came up in a convo with my dad. He owns Marriott vacation club, which has guaranteed weeks, and I was just curious how Disney’s system compares.

1 Like

Ah gotcha. Disney’s is much better in this regard, my opinion. No worrying about trading or anything. But I think there are people who are so tied to travelling only on these vacation weeks that Disney did a trial offer. I think there were some fixed points that were also tied to race weekends. A cool option if that’s when you want to go.

2 Likes

Weeks is an old timeshare system before points became the norm. Many people still own timeshare weeks, but most new sales of any timeshare does it via points instead.

1 Like

You get an earlier booking window with a guaranteed week (12 months?). You can also decide not to go that week and you can use your points at another time/resort. You pay a 10% premium for a guarantee week (need to purchase an extra 10% points).

1 Like

I just received word that Estoppel has been received by the title company! I’ll be closing on 150 SSR points in the next couple of weeks. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Updated my initial post. It took about a month from identifying a contract to this point.

4 Likes

I’ll add that if I hadn’t increased my offer, it almost certainly would have been taken in ROFR. I’ve been following the ROFR threads on the DIS boards and offers right up to my offer amount (and over my initial offer) have been taken. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

You are one step closer, congrats!
I literary just sent the closing documents and funds. Feel sooo relieved.

Almost there :blush::blush::blush:

3 Likes

I got my closing docs today. First time they sent it my name was spelled “Jeremy” everywhere. :man_facepalming: Not super impressed with the quality control, but the people are friendly. They sent it back with everything corrected 10 minutes later.

3 Likes

We can call you Jeremy. No problem. Easier than changing paperwork :wink:

7 Likes

3 Likes