Offer Submitted! edit: Again!

:joy: No thanks. Nothing against all the Jeremys out there, but I’m happy to be just Jeff (er … “Jeffrey” in the eyes of the law).

3 Likes

I have a BIL who is named “Jeff”. Only, my MIL apparently wasn’t sure how to spell the full version when filling out the birth certificate. So she sounded it out. “Jeff-er-y”. And so that’s his official name. Jeffery. Not Jeffrey. It is kind of funny that his name is essentially a typo.

However, when naming our own kids, we used, for middle names, the names from others in the family…and so sure enough, we have a DS with the middle name of “Jeffery” (and not Jeffrey).

3 Likes

I have come across several Jefferys and it is the bane of my existence that people can’t spell it “right.” lol

2 Likes

They could have spelt it “Geoffrey”

Never understood that spelling

Must be some silly British spelling

3 Likes

Only if you’re a Toys R Us kid!

3 Likes

Yeah, look where that company ended up with a Geoffrey as their leader. Bankruptcy and financial ruin.

Silliness, I’m telling you, Silliness.

3 Likes

I finally got confirmation today that my wire was received (I sent it Friday morning). I wasn’t super worried (I figured they were off for the weekend by the time it came through), but it is a relief to know my money didn’t hit some scammer’s offshore bank account! Hopefully we’ll be closing soon.

8 Likes

My purchase closed today! Hooray! Now just to get the deed recorded and set up with Disney. I’m glad I wasn’t in a hurry to get points because the pace has been glacial. For future reference, give yourself at least 2-3 months before you need points when you start the process.

11 Likes

Updated the timeline.

4 Likes

Welcome Home Jeff!

I had very similar timeline, but slightly slower:
offer submitted May 26,
sent for rofr on May 28
passed rofr on June 21
closed on July 21

Which title company/broker did you use?

1 Like

I used DVC Resale Market and Magic Vacation Title (default title for the broker).

Same.

I basically chose the broker based on who had a contract I wanted listed at a reasonable price. My first attempt was through The DVC Store / The Timeshare Store and they were also very professional and easy to work with. It’s worth researching the broker to make sure they are reputable, but most of the major players seem fine.

1 Like

Question: Does someone who owns resale get the “add-on” prices going forward when buying direct? Or are they considered a new buyer? Tagging @Nicky_S.

1 Like

Yes

Just did that myself

3 Likes

I just did that too! And you can buy in smaller increments. I bought 50 points OKW direct and sold my Poly contract. Well, it’s still at Disney for ROFR, but I guess it’s sold one way or the other.

2 Likes

I love how you already thinking of add-on. Did not take long :grin:

3 Likes

FTFY :wink:

(I do think I will add on at some point down the road, but it will be at least a few years.)

2 Likes

I would be curious to know the average time from first contract purchase to first add-on purchase.

2 Likes

And to that end I have just posted Somewhere Where They Might Know.

1 Like