Offensive name

This happened to a guy who was trying to get a custom license plate not too long ago. I now forget the details, but he just was getting a license plate that was his legal last name. But the state wouldn’t allow it because it was offensive. He pushed back because he said that would mean his name is offensive, but it was simply his name.

2 Likes

I ask because I see a username in chat that could be thought of as offensive but which looks like it could just be the person’s name, too. Especially as they have not posted anything mischievous.

3 Likes

I’m seeing a story from Canada a few years ago which might be what you’re referring to. Last name: Grabher. Poor guy. It’s like straight out of the Simpsons. Is Seymour there? Last name Butz?

2 Likes

Yeah. I think that’s probably it. Sounds right. (Or wrong, depending on how you look at it.)

1 Like

Is it the one with two chats? It must be a name since that would be the only way it got through?

If it is the same name, they have not posted on the forum.

@58breezy I would email webmaster@touringplans.com

2 Likes

I had a friend in high school with the last name Handler. Her dad’s name was Richard, but he went by Dick.

10 Likes

Im still waiting too, morbid curiosity!

4 Likes

I’ve just had to search chat. I definitely found it!

1 Like

Yup :flushed:

1 Like

I got tired of looking… too many names… and I think its ok to be a fan of pooh :wink:

3 Likes

Where’s that fainting couch?

3 Likes

Do they love Disney?

I assume so but it’s not in their name. I don’t know if it’s the one that the OP finds offensive though.

There must be a Buckeye here.

1 Like

Whoever it is will now be known as Washington Football Team.

3 Likes

This one post has caused a major slow down in traffic with all the rubber-necking :rofl: @OBNurseNH had time to grab her :popcorn:

4 Likes

I might have a screen shot of the post I think is being referenced …pm me if you can’t find it

I just scanned names, lol.

Tea. Someone needs to spill.

7 Likes

I’ve scanned through and found 3 that I could imagine being offensive, but nothing wildly horrendous and depends on what people are offended by. :man_shrugging: I’m really curious now. Maybe I haven’t gone back far enough in the chat?

3 Likes