Offensive name

What do you do if you see a liners name that is offensive to you.

Well you’ve got me curious…

I suppose you could reach out to a moderator. But I can’t imagine of whom you might be speaking.

4 Likes

Personally, I would do nothing. Its not directed to you, intentionally, I hope.

4 Likes

Hmmm. That’s a good question because I don’t think I’ve even been in that situation (of seeing a NAME that I find offensive). However I’ve seen a few of comments or replies, mostly on the chat on that app, that I absolutely don’t agree with or find offensive and I usually try and take a deep breath and scroll on.

3 Likes

Absolutely this!

3 Likes

yes, there is a name that I see and find offensive but I just do as @tddusina

1 Like

What’s the name???
:popcorn:

4 Likes

Under your settings (click top right corner- gears)

4 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

I know someone said those tools worked but I have never tested them (are there two?). Let me know (unless it is me).

1 Like

@ryan1 of course! :wink:

1 Like

Duh. Why didn’t that occur to me?

1 Like

Following. :eyes:

2 Likes

I guess it would matter if it was blatantly offensive or offensive by accident. For example, a person’s name might be something that combines badly with a prefix or suffix, but was unintentionally offensive. Or is it a name someone used to specifically be nasty?

I think if you saw posts aligning with that offensive name, you’d have your answer on what to do, but maybe it happens to be a perfectly nice person who just chose a bad screen name.

You could alert the mods and they could take it from there.

3 Likes

I will say that when creating a liner name there seems to be some words that are not allowed? I might have a “friend” that tried to change their name to include words that were not allowed. I think it was “judge, judging” …

3 Likes

Hawkeye fan?

7 Likes

As an Illini fan, I concur.

3 Likes

Now as the mom of a newly minted Hawkeye I am offended…:thinking::rofl:

5 Likes

Being that DH and I are both Illini we have had to make adjustments!

3 Likes

What if the name that you think is offensive is actually the person’s name???

2 Likes