Off-site resorts

Does anyone have recommendations for off-site resorts that offer transportation to Disney parks? Especially interested in suites and properties that offer great amenities for kids.

I’m not sure that many outside of those at Downtown Disney really offer any transportation options and most that do aren’t terribly reliable. For the cost of a suite you might be better looking at private rentals on vbro.com and renting a car. You can rent some very nice condo’s and houses with pools.

1 Like

MouseSavers has a list of preferred Orlando Hotels Preferred Hotel Discounts - MouseSavers.com. However, I agree with @Outer1 in that you might be better off looking at a condo/house rental.

Also, Off-site Options – Things to Maximize Your Disney World Vacation when Staying Offiste | TouringPlans.com Blog has some tips for staying offsite. Number 1 “must have” is a car, as you do not want to rely on the less-than-flexible hotel shuttles.

We stayed at a very nice Marriott hotel and resort about a mile from Epcot, I believe. They had a great pool with some slides, fireworks during holidays, activities for the kids, multiple restaurants and a cafeteria, and even meet and greets with two characters every day (we saw Anna and Elsa one day, Cinderella and Spider-Man the next). They had busses going to each park, but they were on a scedule. Every half-hour or every hour depending. If you plan it out I think it works well. We had a car but we used the busses with good success. We didn’t have to pay for parking, they parked close enough to walk, our stroller would just wheel in the bottom storage of the bus. We got a suite room with a living area and separate bedroom for around $100 a night around Labor Day, and if we go around Labor Day in September we’ll stay there again.

Thanks for all of the wonderful suggestions!!!