Off Property Questions

1. Where does everyone buy their tickets? We’re only going for two days in Jan. Staying off property. Overall purpose is to take my niece for her first trip while she is still free. Last time I bought through Disney because I was booking room and tickets, but is there a better way?

2. We won’t have EMH since we’ll be off property. Going MLK weekend. Our plan is MK on Saturday and AK on Sunday, but Sunday does have EMH in the morning for AK. Hoping to FP KS for the whole group and FOP for the adults who want to ride. Is it a terrible idea to go to AK on an EMH day in Jan when we don’t have access to EMH? Hate to flip the days - have the concept of go go go on MK day and then let AK be a bit more relaxed.

1. https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator

1.I too always use the touring plans ticket calculator. That will let you know if there are any discounted available. I would buy your tickets now. Rumors of a price increase are pretty strong (within the next month).

1. How long are you willing to wait in line for FoP? At 9:00 for an 8:00 EMH you will be at least 1 hour and 15 minutes behind the crowd. If you go on Saturday, you can get there at 8 and avoid a wait.
1 Like

We buy ours at our local AAA

Your chances of getting FPs for Flight of Passage are small. Your best bet would be if they extend the opening hours within the 30 days before your trip - then you might get one of the extra FPs they’ll add to the system.

I would suggest switching days, even though I totally get why you would do MK first. Heck, we always do, even if we do a split stay BC and BLT - the first day is always MK! As your niece is under 3 she won’t necessarily realise at first that AK is “DisneyWorld”, and you’ll still get the classic reaction when you go to MK and see the Castle.

Thanks for all the feedback so far. Sourcing tickets seems pretty straight forward.

As for the park plan. We took the 2 year old to Cedar Point back in June. She’s a trooper but definitely better on day one vs day two. So the theory is MK first because she will be fresh and not yet exhausted. Then, AK second as it is a little more low-key and more show and exhibit oriented as opposed to ride oriented.

Going to an EMH park is a bit risky in general, not to mention without the privilege of EMH. Maybe I can get her well onto Frozen and just convince everyone to go to Epcot.

1 Like

And all’s well ends well… either I read it wrong or it changed since I looked last month. AK will not have EMH that day!

1 Like

Undercover Tourist. Every time I think I find them cheaper elsewhere, I add tax and find UT is always the best deal. UT lists prices with tax included, but most other places do not.

1 Like