October 2020 trip planning

MK and AK are clearly the right choice. DHS is too much work and Epcot is under construction.

Is pool hopping currently allowed at Universal? Going to Cabana Bay’s pool was on my wish list last time, but I couldn’t find the time.

1 Like

I would pick the same. EP would pull me hard because I love strolling around WS, but AK really has my heart. It’s so peaceful there.

1 Like

If I only had 2 WDW park days, it would definitely be MK and AK.

1 Like

What is FW? I’ve seen it referenced a couple of times, but I can’t figure it out!

If I were going to two parks, I would probably pick HS and AK. As a DLR person, I find MK feels a little odd to me. It’s like being somewhere familiar but it’s not and that makes it disconcerting. But I really, really, really want to do the 7DMT! I had booked a quick trip to WDW in August (which is now cancelled) and the idea was to go to all four parks in two days and just do the rides we don’t have at DLR.

Also, I hope that nothing I’ve posted has come across as laughing at you. I find you highly entertaining and part of that is because you don’t hesitate to put out in the forum your thought processes and worries (especially about Calvin!) and plans (that may change). Please keep posting away …

3 Likes

Future World, the front part of Epcot. That is going away in the re-do and being replaced with the 3 new worlds

2 Likes

I’m not sure, but I’m certainly planning to explore the other resorts in the evenings. I chose Sapphire Falls as my resort as it’s walkable to the parks and to the other resorts, so I can avoid busses and explore the other resorts. Evenings are also a good time to swim as I’m scared of the sun.

2 Likes

Actually, it occurs to me that if I can park-hop, then I can add EP.

AK closes at 6pm, EP closes at 9pm. So it would be possible to have an evening stroll around WS after AK closes.

2 Likes

You’re putting some serious thought into this dude; impressive

Are you new here? (LOL)

Now that I’m looking at scheduling, I could actually also fit HS in. It depends whether I end up wanting three and a half days at UOR or two and a half. That seems like a decision to make on the ground at the time.

1 Like

Not being able to park hop was a big factor in cancelling our August trip. I do not have a Club 33 friend, unfortunately. It’s so tempting to do Epcot in the evening! If you can, that seems like an excellent idea.

New in last 6 months??? I’ve been reading you. I’m going to be stealing some of your ideas. Now how to find a club 33 friend :thinking:

Not that I would condone any such thing, but don’t you have 2 mde accounts with different magic bands? Get park reservations at both.

Night time in WS—- great idea!

Also agree have to go to MK- that is a Disney for me!