Obscure Question

Anyone have any idea what kind of mattresses Disney uses - I did not check to on my last trip and they were so comfortable. Thanks!

Not that obscure. Gets asked a lot! They differ from resort to resort. Which resort were you at?

2 Likes

Oh wow, thanks. This was the Caribbean Beach resort in the Aruba section. Thanks again!

1 Like

You can email Disney and ask. I asked about a mattress at Caribbean Beach resort (this was 10 years ago) because I thought it was the best sleep ever. They kindly did some research and sent me the information about the mattress. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find the retail match, but I probably didn’t look hard enough.

1 Like

A lot of hotels now have business agreements with mattress makers and actually advertise the brand of their mattresses openly in the rooms. This is, of course, so that the hotels get the mattresses cheaper, and the mattress companies hope to sell more mattresses to weary consumers! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just like you, DH asked about the mattress when we were staying at both Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club Villas, and they were both Simmons Hospitality. The housekeeping manager said many of the Disney resorts have them. He now takes pictures of the labels of comfy mattresses and pillows!

1 Like

I called the resort(Caribbean Beach) and all they could tell me was it is a Sealy Beauty Rest. Upon doing more research on the web, I’m told that the mattresses that Disney gets from Sealy and other companies are not the same the local retailer gets. And different retailers get different mattresses around the country. Basically, I have to go try it. I’m thinking that so much of that comfort factor is because I walked between 10-15 miles each day and I could have probably slept on a piece of plywood.

1 Like

When the time comes to replace our current mattress, this is what I’m planning to get:

We’ve ordered this same mattress in a queen (12") and a double (10") in the past for our sons. I’ve had the pleasure of sleeping on them myself and absolutely LOVED them. I wasn’t sure if I’d love a memory foam mattress, but these were great. Not to mention, the thing is way cheaper than buying a king size traditional mattress. (The price is about 1/4 what we paid for our current mattress originally 15 years ago.)

1 Like