OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

I had a similar thought.

Mando lost the sabre to the ā€œGenerl Greviousā€ - type character. Bo Katan then defeated that enemy.

Is this a Harry potter and the elder wand type of situation where Bo Katan is the true owner of the sword now but does not realize it?

3 Likes

I would not be surprised if that comes up later.

1 Like

This episode was definitely an improvement!

could be, but

I think the ownership by defeat thing is just a legend (or not related to it actually functioning) - a number of people have used it without winning it in battle. Also being a Mandalorian doesnā€™t seem relevant as some Jedis and Moff Gideon have used it too.

In Book of Boba, Mando had problems using it, he said it got heavier each time. The other Mandalorian had trouble lifting it too. However, Bo-Katan was able to wield it without any issue so there must be some meaning to this.

4 Likes

Yes and even though he was able to use it, he did seem to struggle in the use of it so that I remembered about the heaviness of it from BOB

3 Likes

Itā€™s cause sheā€™s a badass. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

But that headband.

:no_entry_sign:

5 Likes

He struggled with the weight in this episode too when he was fighting the cave creature things.

Anyone else here keeping up with Bad Batch? Other than myself and @Jeff_AZ ? This last episode about Crosshair was quite possibly my most favorite episode yet. Oh my gosh. So so good

5 Likes

I agree about Bad Batch! This episode was so good!

2 Likes

Iā€™m still watching it each week. I almost posted about it a couple days ago, so Iā€™m glad you brought it up. It was another great episode, with more discussion of issues brought up in episodes 7 and 8 of this season. One of the directors for this episode also directed episode 7. Looking ahead at the titles for the remaining four episodes (shown in Wikipedia), I am very excited to see how this season ends!

3 Likes

right? I donā€™t even know why, but I find it annoying :smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s just an all around terrible look

Sheā€™s a fairly attractive woman.

But I cannot even stand that ā€œworkout barbieā€ hairdo.

It is absolutely annoying.

A badass - which she is - deserves better hair.

Perhaps itā€™s canon that she has bad hair???

4 Likes

I really love how theyā€™re showing us the story of the transition from clone troopers to storm troopers. And Iā€™m excited to see more character development for Crosshair. I just loved when he smoked that punk asslieutenant. my husband called it as soon as they introduced that character. ā€œThat guyā€™s gonna dieā€

Wednesday is my Mandalorian day and Thursday is my Bad Batch day. Just so you and @Jeff_AZ know for future referenc. :wink:

3 Likes

My order is opposite. I try to watch Bad Batch on Wednesday, since Iā€™m the only one who watches it. We watch Mandalorian whenever I can get DH to agree to watch it, but the sooner the bettter as far as Iā€™m concerned.

3 Likes

I enjoyed this bit from a recap:

Bo-Katan helps Din back to the surface and heals him with some kind of special soup, and even though she doesnā€™t believe in the stuff about magic water that the Armorer instilled in Din, she agrees to take him to the Living Waters and smirk condescendingly while he goes through the ritual to atone for removing his helmet in front of Bill Burr.

And I know that This is the Way of Star Wars, but wasnā€™t it convenient that Din had to take R5 instead of finding the memory bank he wanted, who also happened to be key in getting Grogu to Bo-Katan when Timmy fell down the well?

Given the misdirection of what we thought might be a longer journey to complete the purification, perhaps the real mission for the season is to see how long Bo-Katan can stay away from her sulking throne.

4 Likes

@OBNurseNH did you write this recap? :rofl:
Thereā€™s a potentially interesting moment where Din insists that they, as a people, are nothing without the Mandalorian creed, so perhaps Bo-Katanā€™s arc here will involve becoming a religious fanatic like he is? Katee Sackhoff could leave the helmet on permanently instead of wearing that big headband.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl: It is sooo bad. I donā€™t understand it. Itā€™s very distracting for me!

1 Like

I am so relieved that I am not alone on this. I even hesitated to say it because I didnā€™t want to get attacked.

3 Likes

I get the sense that many share this feeling and didnā€™t bother to say anything. :rofl:

3 Likes

I noticed nothing off putting about the headband but I wonā€™t attack you if you donā€™t like it. :rofl:

3 Likes