OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

If I was that I would have fallen immediately asleep. :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I just watched today’s episode of Andor. Seven down, five to go. This one was slower, more talk, plotting, and less action.

3 Likes

I loved this week’s episode. I could just sit in Mon Mothma’s living room for an entire season. :star_struck:

6 Likes

ep 5-7 have been thoroughly enjoyable, all in very different ways!

4 Likes

This, right here. This rise of the rebellion storyline has me completely hooked!

4 Likes

This made me laugh:

https://twitter.com/ztiworoh/status/1587829523726360578?s=46&t=EsCGvR6ErcCvCq4awrW9AA

This weeks episode was awesome, btw! This show is incredible.

11 Likes

I was just telling a friend that I probably had the least expectations for Andor out of all the SW D+ shows and it might actually be my favorite. Kenobi obviously had more significance in many ways and was more touching for me personally. Mando had more newness to it and as characters they both were much more compelling. But as a story, that develops as it moves along, Andor feels superior. Actually I feel kind of indifferent about Andor himself as a character, but the story, the world, the way they built the atmosphere of suspense around the empire growing more powerful and controlling is fantastic.

8 Likes

I feel the same way! Except while I understand what you mean about not being compelled by the character Andor, I like him very much. One of my faves.

6 Likes

And it’s the backstory for what we already know, just like Rogue One. It’s hard to do that well, and so far, they are.

8 Likes

I am not a binge watcher, but I binged the last four episodes on Saturday night. It was amazing! That prison is going to give me nightmares! :scream: I can’t believe it’s a cliffhanger …

5 Likes

That prison (all white rooms, the old guy, the eerie music) gave me Squid Game vibes

6 Likes

I was saving that to share once I caught up! We were all thinking the same thing.

Latest episodes were soooo good. I’m really loving this show too!

Me too :heart:

1 Like

4 Likes

I guess it was funny enough to share twice! :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

it’s ok… it’s like the show: Things repeat continually to pad [thread] time.

3 Likes

I don’t like your attitude, Mr.! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Seriously, how are you not all calling this out? Are you that beaten down that this is what you’ll accept now?

1 Like

I just like to enjoy things and not nitpick them. And in this case, I absolutely love everything about Andor and don’t consider what you are referencing to be a flaw. I like the slow, deliberate pace of this show. I could sit watching Syril eat cereal for hours. Personal tastes and all that.

6 Likes

That’s my point: there IS NO DELIBERATE pace. It’s meandering and not going anywhere This isn’t a “nit pick”…this is a major flaw being pointed out. In 7 episodes, only 3 major things have happened to Andor: He murdered, he left, and he did a heist. And none of them were highstakes because we know he survives to Rogue One.

A nitpick is noticing that Palpatine is wielding Anakin’s lightsaber in RotS during the arrest scene.

(don't believe me? Go back and watch frame by frame or click here for a screenshot)

And you are welcome for that. 20 year old movie and I bet this is the first time anyone pointed that out to you. :smiley:

Political intrigue is great, and i’m loving the mon mothma scenes as they are fantastic. Because they actually MOVE THE STORY AHEAD.

But why do we need to be watching Syril (who I just NOW learned his name) eating ‘Endor Puffs’? His life is ruined, we get it… so why do I need to be the one punished for it? We only need a scene or 2 of him as he is filtered to the bottom ranks of the Empire at most…not 10. We don’t need 4 cuts during the heist to the worshippers singing their song. We don’t need 3 cuts to the radio guy wondering ‘why it no worky?’

That’s what’s so frustrating with this show. Kenobi, Boba Fett, even Mando got to a point where they move too fast cause they’re running out of time for the season. This is the total opposite. it’s got GREAT story but there’s zero pacing cause they have too MUCH run time to fill.

3 Likes

Sorry I missed your post

2 Likes